Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 01:56 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,967,037 times

Advertisements

From my days in the military the most problems weren't with people being TDY it was just plain working. Wives make plans but mission comes first and blame the husband. No time for family. Blame the husband.

Military life isn't easy. If the OP is saying being away isn't problem then just date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 02:49 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
Why dont you just wait until you and your two kids (ages 15 and 6) move to your new place in Orlando before you worry about dating a military guy - per your thread here: Moving to Orlando area with kids -need help

Why are you specifically looking for a guy who is in the military? Are you interested in housing? I think you should just focus on your kids first, worry about finding a place to live second and thirdly worry about what kinds of guys you might meet in your new location.

I am just wary of anyone saying they only want, or prefer to date guys in the military because often the have other reasons/motive for specifically saying they want military and usually its to take advantage of them (benefits/housing, etc.).

Old 01-19-2015, 03:07 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,085,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I am just wary of anyone saying they only want, or prefer to date guys in the military because often the have other reasons/motive for specifically saying they want military and usually its to take advantage of them (benefits/housing, etc.).
That's my exact though there.

My wife were together before the military so I'm pretty sure she's not using me for the health insurance/housing. But to put it in perspective, she pays 0 for health insurance, no co-pay, free prescriptions, 1 eye exam a year and dental is $11/month.

My spidey sense tells me the OP is trolling for free/cheap health insurance, and (if she hangs around long enough) a 50% pension.

It sounds like she doesn't want him to be around so she can do dirt.

When I was in Afghanistan, we had a guy whose wife left him while he was deployed. Took the kids and even the dog. We had to take his weapon away from him so he wouldn't kill himself.

We have enough problems to deal with already, we certainly don't need more distractions. If you don't want to see your spouse, what's the point in getting married.

As someone with kids age 15 and 6, I assume you are in your mid-30's or so. You have a lot of life experience, been around the block a few times and seen a few things. The young kids, the ones who are living away from home for the first time and have a good paycheck are prime picking for a predator like you. I've seen it before, you tell him you love him, he thinks he's in love. He goes to the field for a month or deploys, comes home to nothing. His bank account is cleaned out, his car is gone, his dog is gone and next thing you know he's talking to the Chaplain about suicide.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:40 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Why dont you just wait until you and your two kids (ages 15 and 6) move to your new place in Orlando before you worry about dating a military guy - per your thread here: Moving to Orlando area with kids -need help

Why are you specifically looking for a guy who is in the military? Are you interested in housing? I think you should just focus on your kids first, worry about finding a place to live second and thirdly worry about what kinds of guys you might meet in your new location.

Ah, I saw that too last night, lol
Didn't have the time or desire to point it out-
I'm glad you did.
Wtf is it w/ these young (ish) mothers who are more
worried about meeting up w/ guys than having stability for their kids...
Or....why don't they focus on what kind of example they're setting?

Ugh....
Anyways, FTR I love military men.....
I just happen to meet them IRL, through serendipity

Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post

My spidey sense tells me the OP is trolling for free/cheap health insurance, and (if she hangs around long enough) a 50% pension.

When I was in Afghanistan, we had a guy whose wife left him while he was deployed. Took the kids and even the dog. We had to take his weapon away from him so he wouldn't kill himself.

We have enough problems to deal with already, we certainly don't need more distractions. If you don't want to see your spouse, what's the point in getting married.

As someone with kids age 15 and 6, I assume you are in your mid-30's or so. You have a lot of life experience, been around the block a few times and seen a few things. The young kids, the ones who are living away from home for the first time and have a good paycheck are prime picking for a predator like you. I've seen it before, you tell him you love him, he thinks he's in love. He goes to the field for a month or deploys, comes home to nothing. His bank account is cleaned out, his car is gone, his dog is gone and next thing you know he's talking to the Chaplain about suicide.
Exactly. Which is why I would love to see lawmakers make it a FEDERAL crime and TREASON for women who take advantage of soldiers. This includes divorce and cheating while on deployment. Too many scumbags out there trying to take advantage of our soldiers so we need to make sure we do what we can to take care of them.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:51 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Guess this could work for those of us guys wanting to meet single military women.

Works both ways and there's nothing better than good old fashioned, pen-paling.
Agreed. It can really help them to correspond with someone who is not in the military and get a little break for a few minutes every so often.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 PM

356 posts, read 365,660 times
Visit San Diego, CA it's a military town.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM

943 posts, read 1,199,058 times
Just visit a VA hospital.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:36 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,415 times
Watch An Officer and A Gentleman. Take notes.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post

My wife were together before the military so I'm pretty sure she's not using me for the health insurance/housing. But to put it in perspective, she pays 0 for health insurance, no co-pay, free prescriptions, 1 eye exam a year and dental is $11/month.

Or, even worse... he marries her, she gets free housing, free benefits, access to his paycheck, and while he's deployed, she's out hitting the bars and picking up guys. With his money paying for her clothes, hair, makeup, and probably the drinks of those dudes she's out hitting on. He comes home, she denies it and he's stuck with her because she manipulates him into not divorcing her.

She hangs in there long enough, and as you said, pension.

Or, her husband is KIA and she's set.

I don't like the sound of this OP at all.

I was married to a military guy when I was younger. I was ABSOLUTELY not looking for a military guy... just happened... we hung out in the same places and had friends in common. He and all the guys who weren't gullible enough to fall for the skanks that hung around base were pretty disgusted by them. Every time I had to go on base (which was rare, because we lived off base in a nearby town) I listened to the guys talk about those women.

Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships