Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
I would just say you had poor taste or liked dumb guys.

It's just like guys I used to know who said they loved to date strippers...
I suppose everyone is free to make his or her assumptions. On that note, an assumption such as the one in bold is not the brain trust of an intelligent person. At all. It is a display of limited intelligence and understanding of the individual to whom the comment was directed, and that person's preferences on a larger scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why would someone be attracted to a certain profession of men anyway?

Or women for that matter.

I thought most people are attracted to individuals.
That's because children, little, small-minded boys and girls, are attracted to and go after a person because of their career (Marines, pro athletes, musicians, etc).

The rest of us adults are attracted to the individual and the career could just be icing on the cake.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
That's because children, little, small-minded boys and girls, are attracted to and go after a person because of their career (Marines, pro athletes, musicians, etc).

The rest of us adults are attracted to the individual and the career could just be icing on the cake.
I dunno put this fireman uniform on.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:10 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A lot of guys I know "in uniform" will immediately not date/stop seeing anyone who cites that they love that profession, which I think is smart.

Or, in all honesty, they use the women with no intent of a relationship. They have a huge aversion to what they consider "groupies."
This is pretty popular with both genders in any environment that attracts "groupies" (for lack of a better term, but you know what I mean....those that specifically seek out that particular type/profession/etc)

Strippers
Athletes
Musicians
Military
etc.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I dunno put this fireman uniform on.
Lmao, give me 3 months, it's still bulking season for me.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Sorry but this is just filled with many red flags we warn our Soldiers about.

Words such as BAH and Tricare come to mind as well as someone looking to become a dependapotamus.

The warning signs are there: claims to be doing good by herself and okay with a long distance relation. This is a leaders worst nightmare here.

Joe marries someone like this, signs over a power of attorney, leaves for deployment and comes back to nothing and no one. The senior leaders in here have seen this before.
Don't forget about that divorce rate just after 10 years, once the spouse is eligible for half of the pension.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:01 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,084,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or, her husband is KIA and she's set.
True as most guys will carry the max $400,000 SGLI and if you're KIA, it's another $100,000. I would even go as far to say that some want the husband to be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Housing and healthcare is nice to have, but that's about it. Gold diggers are much better off marrying a rich old guy who provides a manions instead of a townhouse and some real $$$$.
The issue with that is you have to look like a Playboy model to get a rich old guy like that who has the real $$$$.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
As long as you are not a dependapotamus. I say go for it.

Not sure if there are any website available, wish you can hang out with me, and I can introduce you to a lot of them.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
Why? I see too many military guys taken advantage of by women that target them......this post gets my hackles up.

You should be looking to date a person you like and care about...not picking them because you think they are an easy targeto that will support you and go away so you can run around.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:26 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So does that mean that every girl who is attracted to anybody in the military is assumed to be a gold digger right away even though there really is no gold if it is a regular enlisted guy?

Housing and healthcare is nice to have, but that's about it. Gold diggers are much better off marrying a rich old guy who provides a manions instead of a townhouse and some real $$$$.
I was a bartender at the E and NCO clubs on two different bases....I saw it plenty....the pretty ones went for officers...the skanks went for the fresh young and naive ones. Thing it...for these women it was a step up in life style for them...as much as a mansion would be.

It was pathetic when a unit would deploy...the wives hit the bars force...and they weren't going home alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships