Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:49 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
Online. You can filter by profession on certain dating sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What a poorly chosen ad hominem attack on people you don't even know. Fail.

"cowards cut and run, Marines never do"
It really has nothing to do with courage...with the standards they have....I've never met a dumb Marine...a few that had other issues like us all....but never a dumb one.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Civilians aren't allowed to call Marines dumb. Only the Air Force and Navy get to notice that. Thank you for your sensitivity on this historic issue.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:45 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
money grubbing..

It's obvious

Old 01-25-2015, 09:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
If you're a true golddigger, you can find better "deals" than military, though.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 295 times
Hey I'm looking for a friend right now someone to get to know. If your honest and down to earth kind of man hit me back.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:30 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP229 View Post
Hey I'm looking for a friend right now someone to get to know. If your honest and down to earth kind of man hit me back.
This thread...

Back from the dead! Love seeing old threads given new life sometimes. It can be a real blast from the past!

Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Funny how just like the OP, there's some slightly questionable English going on here, I mean, it's almost like those "Nigerian Prince" emails, ain't it?

Really the only benefit to being with a soldier (in particular, as opposed to anybody else)...is sharing in his benefits. And if that is the motivation, then that speaks volumes about the person's character.

Although I guess, if women were really motivated by young, fit guys with chiseled abs and whatever (not my preference) then there is that, it's a profession that mandates physical fitness. I suppose there COULD be other reasons than latching onto the gravy train...

That said, if there are any people who are genuine in this desire for whatever reason, all you have to do is move to Colorado Springs and get on any online dating site. We have like 5 active military installations in this town. You get on like OK Cupid or something around here, you get mostly 2 kinds of guys...soldiers and stoners.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:54 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or, even worse... he marries her, she gets free housing, free benefits, access to his paycheck, and while he's deployed, she's out hitting the bars and picking up guys. With his money paying for her clothes, hair, makeup, and probably the drinks of those dudes she's out hitting on. He comes home, she denies it and he's stuck with her because she manipulates him into not divorcing her.

She hangs in there long enough, and as you said, pension.

Or, her husband is KIA and she's set.

I don't like the sound of this OP at all.

Ugh.
I think you just outted the OP.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:49 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?

so what happens after 4,8 or 20 years when he is no longer a solder? some guy thats been looking forward to getting out to spend more time with the love of his life finds his wife/girlfriend was happier when he was away all the time. don't do this to some poor guy, it would be a messed up reward for serving his country and it's all to common, don't be "That &!tch" there are too many of them already.

if you don't want a real relationship just be upfront and say your just looking for occasional "friends with benefits" plenty of guys will take you up on that offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships