Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 05:46 AM

245 posts, read 219,466 times

Advertisements

You ever notice it's the same 2 or 3 guys on here always trolling about being cheap and so vehemently against overweight women and women with kids?? And they are on city-data forum in the middle of the night posting nonsense?

And then you wonder why they are single?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 07:54 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It just sounds to me like you're resentful of this particular "privilege" that women have in the dating world so you're getting annoyed that I'm pointing it out, but that's not my fault. Not everything in life is equal.
I know. And that's why I'm happy that I make more money than most women and I couldn't care less about them whining about equal pay.

Ya know, because some things in life just aren't fair.

Do you see how this double standard works? This forum is full of them.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I know. And that's why I'm happy that I make more money than most women and I couldn't care less about them whining about equal pay.

Do you see how this double standard works?
Lots of things in life aren't fair. You don't have to sympathize with women whining about equal pay. Doesn't bother me.

Quote:
You also seem resentful towards men who don't want you because you have no interest in sex. But I digress.
No, I'm not resentful. Men want what they want, and I can choose not to date them.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

Do you see how this double standard works?

You also seem resentful towards men because they don't want you because you have no interest in sex. But I digress.
So - you think that dating should be regulated by the government? Because that is what you seem to be upset about - that most women believe that an employer should be required to pay a woman the same amount that they are paying a man for the same exact job. Do you think the government should then set up a payment plan for dates based on how much each person makes? Should they also set up a sex plan so that women are required to have sex with men based on the number of dates that they have been on and that men are required to not ask about the number of sexual partners a woman has had? Should the government get involved and make it so that premarital sex is illegal?

Romance is not based on who can vote and workplace equality. If you want to have a relationship where everything is totally equal and you keep track of each dollar and cent because women can vote and want equal pay so now every aspect of life has to be equal - that's fine. You can find women that agree with you. But you are probably not going to find as many women if you have a grudge against them in the first place simply because they want to be seen as equal citizens under the law which has nothing to do with how they want to be seen as a date, a mother, a wife, a daughter, or a friend. I mean, do you look at how the government treats you and let that dictate how you want to be treated in your love life? Oh, but white men have always been able to vote, have always been paid for their work, have always been able to own land, run for office, own a business, etc. so I guess it's not really the same thing.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Lots of things in life aren't fair. You don't have to sympathize with women whining about equal pay. Doesn't bother me.
Women want the same opportunities as men. They want equal pay as men. But they also want to be taken care of by men.

With all the double-standards that exist, it's very easy to not empathize with their causes.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So - you think that dating should be regulated by the government? Because that is what you seem to be upset about - that most women believe that an employer should be required to pay a woman the same amount that they are paying a man for the same exact job. Do you think the government should then set up a payment plan for dates based on how much each person makes? Should they also set up a sex plan so that women are required to have sex with men based on the number of dates that they have been on and that men are required to not ask about the number of sexual partners a woman has had? Should the government get involved and make it so that premarital sex is illegal?

Romance is not based on who can vote and workplace equality. If you want to have a relationship where everything is totally equal and you keep track of each dollar and cent because women can vote and want equal pay so now every aspect of life has to be equal - that's fine. You can find women that agree with you. But you are probably not going to find as many women if you have a grudge against them in the first place simply because they want to be seen as equal citizens under the law which has nothing to do with how they want to be seen as a date, a mother, a wife, a daughter, or a friend. I mean, do you look at how the government treats you and let that dictate how you want to be treated in your love life? Oh, but white men have always been able to vote, have always been paid for their work, have always been able to own land, run for office, own a business, etc. so I guess it's not really the same thing.
I have no idea where you're drawing these conclusions from. I'm just saying that some women seem to be all about upholding double-standards. Cater to me, take care of me, but oh yeah, make me as well off or better off than men.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Women want the same opportunities as men. They want equal pay as men. But they also want to be taken care of by men.

With all the double-standards that exist, it's very easy to not empathize with their causes.
Unless women want to be taken care of by their bosses - then you are talking apples and oranges.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Unless women want to be taken care of by their bosses - then you are talking apples and oranges.
I'm talking about women who still feel like they're entitled to having things paid for them by men (who are not their bosses).

Some of them want everything else to be equal in life, but they think that men should also be willing to take care of them on dates, in relationships, etc. They want their cake and eat it, too.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I have no idea where you're drawing these conclusions from. I'm just saying that some women seem to be all about upholding double-standards. Cater to me, take care of me, but oh yeah, make me as well off or better off than men.
Once again, apples and oranges. A woman wanting equal pay for the SAME JOB doesn't have anything to do with how she wants to conduct her romantic life. I suggest you ask all your dates how much they make, ask them if they want equal pay for the same job, and then give them a chart showing them how much of the date they have to pay based on their income. Because dates are all about how women want to be treated by the government and now how two people are compatible together.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

Doesn't make sense to me. One is purely a social convention. The other is a matter of legal rights. Two completely different arenas and fundamentally different issues. There are some issues where they (the social and legal) intersect (aka civil marriage), but dating is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships