Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

I get that you feel like you're at a disadvantage because you're a man and women "expect" you to pay for things. I would just ask you, if you ever have a daughter who starts dating men, with all things being equal would you encourage her to date the guy who's willing to treat her to an Outback Steakhouse dinner or a guy who's adamant about not paying for dates because he thinks women shouldn't receive special treatment?

Can we vote for #3? The guy that treats his daughter well and has much better taste than taking someone to a chain restaurant on a date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So some dudes just like traditional gender roles until the check comes.
I doubt they're dating burly chicks in flannel who cuss and have a bunch of guy friends.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can we vote for #3? The guy that treats his daughter well and has much better taste than taking someone to a chain restaurant on a date?
Some of us girls don't mind chain restaurants.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:39 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
I get that you feel like you're at a disadvantage because you're a man and women "expect" you to pay for things. I would just ask you, if you ever have a daughter who starts dating men, with all things being equal would you encourage her to date the guy who's willing to treat her to an Outback Steakhouse dinner or a guy who's adamant about not paying for dates because he thinks women shouldn't receive special treatment?
I'd teach my daughter to do unto others as she'd want them to do unto her. I would teach her that she should never expect anything to be given to her from anybody, but that if she were to receive something as a gift, it means that that person probably cares for and respects her and she should reciprocate if she feels the same about that person.

These are very basic life lessons. I thought, at least.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I doubt they're dating burly chicks in flannel who cuss and have a bunch of guy friends.
Come on, you know they are dating women who don't shave their pits, their legs, or their nether regions. I mean, we are almost considered equal now - so let's stop doing all these silly "woman" things.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:44 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Come on, you know they are dating women who don't shave their pits, their legs, or their nether regions. I mean, we are almost considered equal now - so let's stop doing all these silly "woman" things.
Tit for tat, I guess.

If you want to be treated like a delicate flower, then you better be smokin' hot, freshly shaved, and be very thin.

God forbid you're overweight and have a bad complexion.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I'd teach my daughter to do unto others as she'd want them to do unto her. I would teach her that she should never expect anything to be given to her from anybody, but that if she were to receive something as a gift, it means that that person probably cares for and respects her and she should reciprocate if she feels the same about that person.

These are very basic life lessons. I thought, at least.
Well, I'd tell my daughter not to waste her time on any man who isn't willing to treat her like the special lady that she is.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Tit for tat, I guess.

If you want to be treated like a delicate flower, then you better be smokin' hot, freshly shaved, and be very thin.

You missed the point. But that's okay.

And I have never had issues with dating. I've never had issues about who pays for the check. I've never had issues about men being mad about equal rights. I've never had issues about any of this stuff. The guys that I dated were thrilled to be dating me and vice versa. I've never met anyone who thought that being able to vote and wanting equal pay meant that I wanted to be a man or be treated like a man in my romantic life. I'm very womanly and the men that I've dated have actually loved that about me! The men I dated actually wanted to make me feel special.

And very thin doesn't equal smoking hot. Women can be smoking hot and curvy.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
I doubt that.

Ok...so if you think older women are less likely to have an entitled attitude, date them. If you want a young, hot twenty-something, be ready and willing to pay for the date because some other guy certainly will.
^ This is what SLS said about 150 posts ago.

Quote:
Tit for tat, I guess.

Sounds like you two are on the same page now.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:42 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Well, I'd tell my daughter not to waste her time on any man who isn't willing to treat her like the special lady that she is.
And I suppose you would teach her to also treat the man she's going out with as a special man that he is, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships