Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Young hot girls in their early 20s?
You missed out, move on... 11 31.43%
There's still hope, get out there.. 20 57.14%
Neither of the above.. 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 AM

30 posts, read 43,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I have a rather difficult time believing that you can't find attractive 30-year-old women in London who aren't looking to settle down right away. I would think London would be one of the major world capitols for that demographic, actually.
The problem is, 30 year old professional women aren't going to be hanging out at the sort of bars I can access because I'm fresh out of 'prison' so to speak no career and no money, so for those women I have nothing to offer and am completely off putting.

All my friends just don't go out anymore - most of them are getting married or already are, so I have no one to go out with.

The issue is with me, as I missed out on all the early social skills you are meant to pick up, is it's not easy for me just to go to a bar/club I can access on my own (being in your early 20s doesn't mean you have to be rolling in it so I can fit in those clubs), especially since all the depressive emotions of regret and depression actually surface as soon as I approach that environment. My early 20s is something I really wanted to experience, and being the oldest desperate guy in the club or just being older than 28 and in such a club is just woeful.

It's a no win for me all around.. this is why I believe I have in fact missed the boat.. Too many things stacked against me, not enough experience and all I have going is fading looks because I look old although not unattractive..

Last edited by SwordinStone; 02-12-2015 at 02:37 AM..

Old 02-12-2015, 03:39 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
Dude there is no boat to miss, get your life together first (Well at least somewhat, I never have my life totaly together but I have still worked it out sort of). 30 is quite young. The harder you try and the more desparate you are the less chances you have. Dating a bit older is not a bad thing either.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:15 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordinStone View Post
The issue is with me, as I missed out on all the early social skills you are meant to pick up, is it's not easy for me just to go to a bar/club I can access on my own (being in your early 20s doesn't mean you have to be rolling in it so I can fit in those clubs),
Why do you think you have to go to a bar to meet women? Women are everywhere, all the time.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why do you think you have to go to a bar to meet women? Women are everywhere, all the time.
Well because at one point in my life this was normal, and I don't exactly warm to the idea of trying to pick up women on the street.

I'd like to be able to go out on the town have fun and pick up girls as many of my friends did when the time was right to do so.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:04 PM

295 posts, read 307,325 times
I don't think there are many people on this planet who claim the early 20's were the best time of their life. I think real life starts somewhere around 26, so end 20's 'til early 40's are probably the best time,imo. besides I don't believe that you lack social skills. You made it to 30, so you definitely developed some social skills. Stop thinking about the things you might have missed. Stop making excuses. Stop being afraid to live your life. You only have one.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
I think the OP still has a shot

Old 02-21-2015, 12:53 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordinStone View Post
The problem is, 30 year old professional women aren't going to be hanging out at the sort of bars I can access because I'm fresh out of 'prison' so to speak no career and no money, so for those women I have nothing to offer and am completely off putting.

All my friends just don't go out anymore - most of them are getting married or already are, so I have no one to go out with.

The issue is with me, as I missed out on all the early social skills you are meant to pick up, is it's not easy for me just to go to a bar/club I can access on my own (being in your early 20s doesn't mean you have to be rolling in it so I can fit in those clubs), especially since all the depressive emotions of regret and depression actually surface as soon as I approach that environment. My early 20s is something I really wanted to experience, and being the oldest desperate guy in the club or just being older than 28 and in such a club is just woeful.

It's a no win for me all around.. this is why I believe I have in fact missed the boat.. Too many things stacked against me, not enough experience and all I have going is fading looks because I look old although not unattractive..
You did experience your early 20s, it just wasn't what you hoped for. You can't ever go back and be 20 again. Time to accept that and move forward, lest you waste all of your 30s too. Regret is a waste of time.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
You did experience your early 20s, it just wasn't what you hoped for. You can't ever go back and be 20 again. Time to accept that and move forward, lest you waste all of your 30s too. Regret is a waste of time.
No it was exactly what I hoped for in terms of opportunities, friends, social circles and women literally throwing themselves at me, the only problem was I just had a debilitating mental illness that meant I had to take 30 minute breaks or feel like **** all the time meaning I couldn't relax and be myself.

So no I didn't experience it, it was like having to watch a great party inside a house around a warm fire while standing on the outside behind caged bars in the pouring cold rain despite having an invite to that party, so no spending all my time in therapy, psych wards and bed ridden was NOT experiencing my 20s..

Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
hey good luck to you... .Maybe it is a guy thing....

My bf who is 50 still wants those younger girls in their early 20's. I think alot of men feel that way. My ex-husband, who is 10 years older than me, told me he only dated women who were alot younger than him because as he put it, "By the time a woman reaches 30 her face changes and she looks old." (I have known him since I was 16, he was 26...we got married when I was 25, so I certainly wasn't looking forward to turning 30 having heard that.) I've been with some real winners.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:59 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
If you keep chasing the past, you will never have a future. However, you do have an opportunity to train yourself into the man you want to be. Unfortunately, once you become that guy, you aren't going to really be interested in women who are 19-24 anymore. Are you sure you really want those young girls because of what you missed? Or are you interested in them, because you feel your experience level equals theirs? I have noticed that a lot of guys who don't have experience, like to meet young girls. I doubt it has only to do with being a hard body, because there are tons of ladies in their 30 and 40's who have better bodies than the muffin topped 20 year olds I see today. Perhaps your interest stems from your lack of experience, and a genuine fear that women who are in your age group would want to have nothing to do with someone like yourself. This is where you are wrong, women who are experienced tend to not be as cruel as young girls are....that's a maturity thing that people grow out of in their 20's.

I think you need to meet an older female, who can take you under her wing, and teach you things. After a year of lessons, you will have the confidence that could help you pull more young girls. I would guarantee, that once you are capable, that the jones' for that flavor will wane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships