Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,284,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Yeah, the 'rejecting women to seem like a stud'...I work with a guy like that. I've pointed out to him that some of the girls we work with that he warned me were '*******' when I started have always been kind to me, and I do nothing to garner it. No, I never saw the point in that--it's not me. But I gotta agree with you on the point of never knowing by not giving women 'undeserved attention'. I DO really want to overcome that, and it's what struck me enough about my encounter earlier to post about it.

It's just SO difficult when I've been told by female friends, relatives, co-workers--'yeah, I like to pull blah blah blah bull**** from time to time, because I can.' Women I've dated have told me that my aloofness drew them in, but you can't wait around for the next woman to be drawn to you by your disinterest (I think we all might get one shot at a woman approaching you based off that, and even then you have to have something going for yourself).
These women are full of **** and just trying to get people to think they are more desirable than they are. There are a couple of those on here too.

Don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:46 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,718,579 times
OP, there is no harm in having a quick convo or even doing a bit of flirting. You will never know who is worth it unless you try.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 PM

535 posts, read 516,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Assuming a woman is trying to flirt because she fixed her shoe, asked "Did you order yet?", and then looked over the counter for a staff member is really reaching if you ask me. Could she have been receptive if you'd attempted more conversation or flirting with her? Maybe. But as a woman, I hate the idea that my every move is being analyzed and something as simple as fixing my shoe could be misconstrued as flirting. What if I truly need to adjust or tie my shoe while I'm in public? Am I supposed to ignore it and risk my shoe flying off my foot or tripping over the laces so that some over-analyzing, self obsessed guy who thinks he's all that just because he's super tall doesn't mistake it for flirting? Newsflash: not every woman wants constant attention, not every woman is trying to get your attention in particular - and I'd like to think that if I did really want to get a guy's attention, and not just to boost my own ego but in hopes of actually getting a date, I'd be a bit more clever than fixing my shoe and asking "Did you order yet?"
I agree with this too. There have been times I've needed to touch my hair or pick something up or some such thing and been scared people would see it as flirting.. Which kinda sucks.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:55 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,647,163 times
The bend and snap was ignored?

I guess a woman has to be extremely forward with you and say "I noticed you look bored, and I'm attracted to you. Would you like to talk with me sometime?" But then you'll overanalyze that she's then being desperate for validation while simultaneously expecting a woman to perform circus tricks for you to notice they are flirting with you and trying to interact. Gee whiz if the bend and snap and prancing all around you wasn't obvious then I don't know what to say.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
The bend and snap was ignored?

I guess a woman has to be extremely forward with you and say "I noticed you look bored, and I'm attracted to you. Would you like to talk with me sometime?" But then you'll overanalyze that she's then being desperate for validation while simultaneously expecting a woman to perform circus tricks for you to notice they are flirting with you and trying to interact. Gee whiz if the bend and snap and prancing all around you wasn't obvious then I don't know what to say.
Plus stick her tongue in his ear. Of course, we'd likely see a post along the lines of "She stuck her tongue in my ear and invited me up to her apartment. Is she interested in me, or does she just want me to move heavy pieces of furniture?"

Old 03-03-2015, 04:22 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,284,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Plus stick her tongue in his ear. Of course, we'd likely see a post along the lines of "She stuck her tongue in my ear and invited me up to her apartment. Is she interested in me, or does she just want me to move heavy pieces of furniture?"
"She said 'I do,' we had five kids, and tomorrow we are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. Is she interested or just looking for attention?"

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,045,811 times
I think the fact that she BENT OVER and DID SOMETHING TO HER SHOE indicates that she was wet for you. You missed out, I suggest posting in the missed connections section of your local newspaper.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,020,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I think the fact that she BENT OVER and DID SOMETHING TO HER SHOE indicates that she was wet for you. You missed out, I suggest posting in the missed connections section of your local newspaper.
Craig'slist

Old 03-03-2015, 05:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
That and the fact that she was squealing, "Yes, Yes, take me with your Rod Of Power, my mighty stable boy." I mean, I think there were some major buying signals here.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:05 PM

102,250 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
That's just it--I don't want to let a sincere opportunity pass by. And what I mean by ignore is that I don't feed obvious attention-seekers. I've had good random encounters with women I don't know, but I don't feed into strangers (or co-workers) who seem to just expect men to fall down with desire for them because all the other opportunists pretend to.

It does bother me that I might miss out a good, sincere woman while dodging the ones I have no interest in.
It could have been anything. She might have been checking you out only because she felt too shy to ask you if you'd ordered yet. Then she finally got up the courage. Or she could have wanted to know if anyone had attended to you, because there didn't appear to be any personnel around at all (therefore--a legit question), AND she may have been attracted to you.

I think it should have been clear to you that her Q was legit, because of the absence of personnel, or of any evidence that you were being served. You were so intent on not feeding into a stranger's ego that you let a sincere opportunity pass by. I guess you're not the type that minds women who use foul language. Or maybe you overlook that for women who are "cute as can be". Next time try to loosen up a little. She wasn't being in-your-face, trying to get your attention with obvious flirtations.

Too late now, though. Better luck next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships