Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 09:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,267,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Years ago I created a profile at one of those MGTOW sites. The reason is they took a post I made on another site and used it to bash me. I confronted them and they backed off because they are losers. Yes there are all kinds of people who use others. I moved in with a guy and he proceeded to drain my bank account. He then kicked me out. He did this to a few women and the idiot is on dating sites even now ( I didn't meet him online),still doing the same thing. I know this because he approached a friend of mine and tried pulling the same stuff.
Nice to see you aren't bitter about anything.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:14 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,224,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Does she view men the same way that you view women?
She generalized and had trust issues. So absolutely.

As I said, all she had to do was jump online and it was very easy for her to find someone. Men are the pursuers. So she just had to be present while the man did all of the work.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yes, I'm in the military and I live in the middle of nowhere. However, as I said, it has not been difficult for my single female coworker to find a good man. Yet, it has been very difficult for me to find a good woman, despite the fact that the we are similar in terms of physical attractiveness, job status, and even insecurities (we both have trust issues).

However, the moment that she decided to be in a relationship, she found a willing suitor. Very telling as to the difficulties that the average male faces versus the average female.
To the poster that repped me (whoever that is). You said "I doubt that she is average". You are right. She is cute with a good job and is intelligent. However, she is also very masculine and tries to compete with men for various things. She is also not very friendly and does not have many friends here.

But I am cute too (face-wise, my height is another story) with a good job and also intelligent. In some ways, I am masculine, but I am also sensitive too (which may be my downfall). I am very friendly and there are many people that I am on good terms with and hang out with.

So I tend to meet more people in person. She meets people online (because she is not social). Yet, she still has a far easier time in finding a man that I do, even though we are both arguably in the same league.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,920,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Cool story bro
Well I'm not a bro and it was horrific. It took me years to get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Nice to see you aren't bitter about anything.
I was bitter for a few years and I still hate him. However it's not worth getting upset about anymore.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,293,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Mathematically it would be hard to support the idea. 1/3rd of first marriages end in divorce. Less than 10% of divorces go to court. The vast majority go to mediation or the lawyers work out a mutually agreeable situation. The vast vast majority of people marry within their economic class. The opportunity and potential for people being "taken to the cleaners" is pretty minimal.
Pretty minimal? Most women are married to a guy that makes more than they do, so the odds are actually pretty good.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:26 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,260,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
My view of MGTOW is jolly good, off you go, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I can see why half the guys here are single. Miserable, nasty, hostile attitudes. Do womenkind a favour and **** off for good.
Um, excuse me. Its called making a choice. My MGTOW friends are doing just fine, and they are nice people.

And your anti men posts are inciting many conflicts. Its not doing womanhood a favor, and only causing aggravation.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Pretty minimal? Most women are married to a guy that makes more than they do, so the odds are actually pretty good.
One of my friends (who is twice my age) is a physician that just got divorced. His ex-wife was a stay-at-home mom (by that, I obviously mean a lazy a**). The divorce was just finalized a month ago after 7 years and 850k in lawyers fees alone. He is still awaiting the verdict on his alimony and child support payments, which I'm sure will be significant.

Also, his ex turned his children against him so he has to be pay for them without the benefit of really being their father.

I would never marry a woman that makes less than me. I also would never be a high earner (unless I don't plan on marrying in the US). It's just a raw deal for men.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,267,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I was bitter for a few years and I still hate him. However it's not worth getting upset about anymore.
Carrying hate is like you drinking poison and waiting for the other person to get sick.

Do you think he gives 2 ****s about how you are feeling, why carry the emotional baggage, forget him, he's not worth any of your emotions.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,096,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Um, excuse me. Its called making a choice. My MGTOW friends are doing just fine, and they are nice people.
Could you point us to all the "nice people" who are also part of the MGTOW movement? I keep on hearing some people here defend the MGTOWs, saying "they're not all like that," but I don't see where they are. Or who they are.

I ask this, because when I look online, the MGTOW guys all look like massive losers, bitter, petty, pitiful losers. I'd think that non-losers wouldn't feel comfortable associating with them. So my question is, how do "nice people" who are not losers still belong to this movement that seems to be mostly identified with loserism?

I've asked a couple of times now, for an example of a website or group where the non-losers hang out and still are identifying themselves strongly as MGTOW. No one has given me anything yet.

When I ask this question, I don't mean, a few good guys that you happen to know that still hang out with the MGTOW losers, or some small minor group of non-loser MGTOW types that none of us are going to easily find on our own, but something big and noticeable and vocal, and yet separate from the creepy MGTOW misogynists.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Could you point us to all the "nice people" who are also part of the MGTOW movement? I keep on hearing some people here defend the MGTOWs, saying "they're not all like that," but I don't see where they are. Or who they are.

I ask this, because when I look online, the MGTOW guys all look like massive losers, bitter, petty, pitiful losers. I'd think that non-losers wouldn't feel comfortable associating with them. So my question is, how do "nice people" who are not losers still belong to this movement that seems to be mostly identified with loserism?

I've asked a couple of times now, for an example of a website or group where the non-losers hang out and still are identifying themselves strongly as MGTOW. No one has given me anything yet.

When I ask this question, I don't mean, a few good guys that you happen to know that still hang out with the MGTOW losers, or some small minor group of non-loser MGTOW types that none of us are going to easily find on our own, but something big and noticeable and vocal, and yet separate from the creepy MGTOW misogynists.
I know some MGTOW in real life. However, they don't know anything about the movement (that I know of). They just decided to not get married and, for the most part, to not deal with women. They're all pretty cool guys.

Men that identify with the MGTOW movement are not really MGTOW (men going their own way). They still obsess over women and constantly post about how much they hate them. True MGTOW aren't involved in the movement and are simply apathetic to women.

I would compare the MGTOW movement to radical feminists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships