Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No one needs to be concerned about my safety if we are not going to talk again and vice versa.
Exactly. If the other person is not interested then they probably wont text you once they get home.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:20 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
really now... i've never heard such a useless idea.

idk, i figured if a guy hangs out with a women and ends the night by asking her to text back when she gets home safe, chances are she has more words, behavior, activity to evaluate the guy's romantic interest in her during the time they hung out than simply using his text request. like if i was physically or romantically interested in her, she would know before she headed home for the night.
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. It happens. People have all kinds of tricks up there sleeves.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:52 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Exactly. If the other person is not interested then they probably wont text you once they get home.
Am I the only one here that would text if asked even if I'm not interested? I mean if men can ask women to text them when they get home without being interested, then shouldn't the women be able to do so without being interested as well. I mean look if the guy acts like a total d-bag I wouldn't text him period, but chances are a total d-bag won't ask you text him when you get home. But if a nice guy asks you, regardless of whether you're romantically interested, isn't it just common courtesy to just send a quick text saying you got home and thanking him for the coffee or drink?

IDK maybe my co-worker is right and I shouldn't be doing those things if I'm not interested.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:53 AM

545 posts, read 631,995 times
I wouldn't say "text me when you get home" unless there was something serious like it was heavily raining / snowing or she was slightly drunk / tired.

If it was to manipulate her it would probably be more just to make sure she doesn't forget about me when she gets home than expecting her to feel good because I "care". If there was no real expectation she could possibly not make it home, I'd expect she'd think I was stupid by asking it.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:06 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Bingo. Guys do that (at least people that i know) to see if the girl is interested in them. If she texts you when she gets home then she is showing some type of interest. If she doesnt text or if she texts you the next day saying that she forgot then she's not interested. Pretty simple.
Assuming there is interest...murky waters in which to venture. Because, if I went out on a date with a man and he said "Text me when you get home" I would do it simply out of politeness and being well brought up. It's no gauge of my interest in the man. And before I get jumped on for "leading the man on" just remember, the best way to find out if a person is interested in you is to stop looking for signs, playing passive-aggressive little games, and just stick your neck out a little and have the honest talk about it. Otherwise you risk misleading, confusing and deceiving yourself. I get it, the answer might be, "not that into you" and that rejection would hurt, but wouldn't it be better than the self-torture of trying to decipher ever nuance of every near-miss and indirect communication between the couple??

Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Assuming there is interest...murky waters in which to venture. Because, if I went out on a date with a man and he said "Text me when you get home" I would do it simply out of politeness and being well brought up. It's no gauge of my interest in the man.
Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way

Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Some women will and some women won't. I have done this before. If they text back it shows that they have some interest, if they don't then Oh well.
Not necessarily, some women will text back after u let her know u are home and then not send anything else which to me was always weird

Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Am I the only one here that would text if asked even if I'm not interested? I mean if men can ask women to text them when they get home without being interested, then shouldn't the women be able to do so without being interested as well. I mean look if the guy acts like a total d-bag I wouldn't text him period, but chances are a total d-bag won't ask you text him when you get home. But if a nice guy asks you, regardless of whether you're romantically interested, isn't it just common courtesy to just send a quick text saying you got home and thanking him for the coffee or drink?

IDK maybe my co-worker is right and I shouldn't be doing those things if I'm not interested.
I agree with your coworker

Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

What interesting times we live in. It's okay for a man to pursue a woman for physical intimacy and get it, even...it doesn't matter whether or not he likes, respects, or is interested in her. But it's not okay to put a polite closure to the end of an evening (a date) with man, by texting him once she reaches home. The sex.. oh, that never means anything. It's just sex, right? (yeah, right!) But a TEXT! Oh my God, don't send one of THOSE if you don't mean it! You might break the guy's heart! SMH!

Old 04-01-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
What interesting times we live in. It's okay for a man to pursue a woman for physical intimacy and get it, even...it doesn't matter whether or not he likes, respects, or is interested in her. But it's not okay to put a polite closure to the end of an evening (a date) with man, by texting him once she reaches home. The sex.. oh, that never means anything. It's just sex, right? (yeah, right!) But a TEXT! Oh my God, don't send one of THOSE if you don't mean it! You might break the guy's heart! SMH!
I mean it's not like you are asking him out again or even starting up a conversation with him and leading him on. You are simply saying you're home safe, thanks for a decent time, if anything I think you are providing closure for the night. And in the instance from Friday night, I texted him when I got home, he replied saying okay good and thanking me as well, I said good night so did he, and that was the end. I didn't lead him on because if that were the case he probably would've contacted me by now. I think this was just a case of two people having met, no spark, but still acting polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships