Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times

Advertisements

So met a guy off a dating site last night. It went ok, but could've been better which is my fault because I was super exhausted and probably wasn't very exciting company. Anyway at the end of the date he walked me to my car and told me to text him to let him know I got home safe, I also only lived a 5-7 minute drive away from the place and he was aware of this.

Anyway I texted him when I got home and thanked him for coming out to meet me (he lives about 45 min away) and I apologized for not being much company, he replied saying it was ok and that he understood I had a long day, then I replied telling him to have a good night and he did the same.

So my question is do you guys say the "text me when you get home" line because you're interested in the girl or are you just being a nice guy?

Last edited by bebe182; 03-28-2015 at 11:12 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 11:02 AM

224 posts, read 527,557 times
I've never used that line before on someone I just met, it sounds like he cares about you.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I do that with friends, family, anyone I care about.

I drive 27 miles to work.
When there is really bad weather, my coworkers and family want confirmation I got there or home safely.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:22 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Well a couple of years ago I had a guy use that line on me but it turned out he wasn't interested. I honestly usually don't get that line after a first meet (whether they are interested or not) but he did seem like a really nice guy so maybe that's all it was.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Only he can tell you if he is interested in you - but if you seemed really tired, he might have been genuinely concerned about you driving home safely.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM

709 posts, read 765,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So met a guy off a dating site last night. It went ok, but could've been better which is my fault because I was super exhausted and probably wasn't very exciting company. Anyway at the end of the date he walked me to my car and told me to text him to let him know I got home safe, I also only lived a 5-7 minute drive away from the place and he was aware of this.

Anyway I texted him when I got home and thanked him for coming out to meet me (he lives about 45 min away) and I apologized for not being much company, he replied saying it was ok and that he understood I had a long day, then I replied telling him to have a good night and he did the same.

So my question is do you guys say the "text me when you get home" line because you're interested in the girl or are you just being a nice guy?
LOL. Wtf? IDK. Text when you get home means we're having sex next date, otherwise KYTTC.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:

All it means is the dude wants to make sure you made it home alive. I do it all the time when my friends give me rides in bad weather or my mom in Kentucky is dealing with bad weather.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:48 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I did it because I was a nice guy and was interested, assuming the date went fine. If it didn't go fine and we parted ways, I still asked for a home-safe text.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:04 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
I had friends say that to me driving home from their place or wherever we happen to be at. They do it to be caring.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:09 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Unfortunately both - so no good answer for you there. I say it to most people I have been out for a night with. It feels to me that having spent a night with them they are somewhat under my protection or responsibility. And I theirs. So I like to get some closure on the night and know everyone got home ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships