Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times

Advertisements

If I were wiser I guess I'd look for a strong, independent woman who proudly states her lack of need for a man but who values my ambition more than her own, who wants me to protect her, to demonstrate my caring through other signs of courtliness like paying for stuff, yet wants me to "not take any of her crap", and probably one who wants me to kill bugs, unless killing bugs falls under protecting her in which case listing it again is redundant, or maybe telling her to kill her own bugs is an example of not taking any of her crap and so some punctuation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:54 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
What do you men look for in a women?

Woman ask me all the time what am I looking for in a woman or what is my type.

Anyways what do you guys tell girls when they ask you this question?
First and foremost, I absolutely must find her to be physically attractive. Without this, there is no hope or potential for any romantic relationship. We could be friends, but never anything more than that if she's not attractive.

Everything else just kinda falls in line after the initial attraction. We must have mutual interests like interest in the arts, active lifestyle, passion for fitness/health, positive energy levels, etc.

But absolutely without the physical attraction, there will be no hope for a romantic relationship.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:02 AM

368 posts, read 577,596 times
1. Hot
2. Fun
3. Everything else

Old 03-30-2015, 09:02 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Lots of people still missing the point when it comes to relationships apparently.

That numbers thing really devalues people if anything.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
1. Hot
2. Fun
3. Everything else
This. Although basic, it pretty much sums it up in the most simplistic terms.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
First and foremost, I absolutely must find her to be physically attractive. Without this, there is no hope or potential for any romantic relationship. We could be friends, but never anything more than that if she's not attractive.

Everything else just kinda falls in line after the initial attraction. We must have mutual interests like interest in the arts, active lifestyle, passion for fitness/health, positive energy levels, etc.

But absolutely without the physical attraction, there will be no hope for a romantic relationship.
Can we just clear up the notion of finding someone physically attractive versus some weird standard or scale of attractiveness that some believe everyone must fall into?

I believe most everyone has to be physically attracted to their partner, but that is not the same as whether a bunch of other people think that person is a 3 or a 6 or a 9. As long as you find them physically attractive, how other people might "rate" them doesn't matter. They are physically attractive TO YOU, the end.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 AM

750 posts, read 644,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Can we just clear up the notion of finding someone physically attractive versus some weird standard or scale of attractiveness that some believe everyone must fall into?

I believe most everyone has to be physically attracted to their partner, but that is not the same as whether a bunch of other people think that person is a 3 or a 6 or a 9. As long as you find them physically attractive, how other people might "rate" them doesn't matter. They are physically attractive TO YOU, the end.
Been plenty of relationships were the person was not physically attracted to their SO. But grew to be attracted to them later on. Obviously the attraction was due to other things.

Who is trying to say what other people rate them is important? Not sure ive seen anyone claim that.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Been plenty of relationships were the person was not physically attracted to their SO. But grew to be attracted to them later on. Obviously the attraction was due to other things.

Who is trying to say what other people rate them is important? Not sure ive seen anyone claim that.
The assumption from the anti-rating people is that the person using a number assumes that others use the same number. Obviously, this isn't true, but that's the assumption.

If I call someone "an 8" or whatever, it's meant to be a description of how attractive I find them, and then they can use their own basis for comparison. They can envision "an 8" in their own minds and have a relative basis of understanding for how attractive I find them, even though our two images likely look nothing alike. That's really all I have to say about that.

Regarding the OP:

Here's a rough order. It fluctuates, but not drastically. From top to bottom:

Not stupid (note that this is intended to be different than "intelligent")
Interesting
Not unattractive (note that this is intended to be different than "attractive")
Confident
Intelligent
Ambitious
Attractive
Sense of humor

I'm positive I'm forgetting something but if it doesn't spring to mind, it must not be TOO much of a priority! But all of the above are important to some extent. Most other things are flexible.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 AM

750 posts, read 644,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
The assumption from the anti-rating people is that the person using a number assumes that others use the same number. Obviously, this isn't true, but that's the assumption.

If I call someone "an 8" or whatever, it's meant to be a description of how attractive I find them, and then they can use their own basis for comparison. They can envision "an 8" in their own minds and have a relative basis of understanding for how attractive I find them, even though our two images likely look nothing alike. That's really all I have to say about that.
Not sure why anyone assumes that. If a guy tells me he went on a date with an 8, the only thing that I am going to assume or think is that he went on a date with a woman he finds really attractive. When I use a number system, I do not assume or think other people use the same.

Quote:
Regarding the OP:

Here's a rough order. It fluctuates, but not drastically. From top to bottom:

Not stupid (note that this is intended to be different than "intelligent")
Interesting
Not unattractive (note that this is intended to be different than "attractive")
Confident
Intelligent
Ambitious
Attractive
Sense of humor

I'm positive I'm forgetting something but if it doesn't spring to mind, it must not be TOO much of a priority! But all of the above are important to some extent. Most other things are flexible.
Thats a heavy list you got there

Old 03-30-2015, 10:35 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Not sure why anyone assumes that. If a guy tells me he went on a date with an 8, the only thing that I am going to assume or think is that he went on a date with a woman he finds really attractive. When I use a number system, I do not assume or think other people use the same.
You got me. Just calling it as I see it.

Quote:
Thats a heavy list you got there
Tell me about it. But I mostly date casually these days, which is a different, more manageable list

Not unattractive
Interesting
Not stupid
Fun/funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships