Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:17 PM

51 posts, read 47,065 times

Advertisements

Dude, you're going to drive yourself nuts if you start thinking about this. This is what happens in your 20s/30s. That's when you start seeing engagement/wedding/baby announcements on social media. It doesn't mean you're "behind" or they're "moving on". It's not about moving on, it's about growing up.

We have different purposes in life and everything happens when it's supposed to happen. My first boyfriend is getting married in two weeks, we broke up 3 years ago ... I was the last girl he dated before he got engaged to his fiancée. He's 25. It's strange to see him getting married (not because I'm still hung up, but it's because we were so young when we dated, it's odd to see him have an "adult life". Your mind freezes people in the past, the way things were then and somehow forgets they've evolved since).

You shouldn't worry or feel pressured in any way. Do you and let things happen naturally. Life isn't a race (cliché, but true).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 03:20 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Just think about how relieved you will be, though, when they are going through divorces and custody disputes.

They won't post about THAT on Fakebook.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:24 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Get off facebook.

its not going to serve you any good with how you are currently feelings about yourself.
Apologizing to you mother for not giving her a grandchild? Really?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Yeah. You hit your mid 20s and 30s, more and more people get married, more people divorcing and remarrying, kids happen, house buying happens, and facebook is a lot of married women's source to vocalize how super awesome and amazing there lives are. I do not see this from men very often though.

Of course the men send the "happy anny honey, love you" post/speech, but it's very rare for me to see them make a facebook post about them eating healthy, though sometimes I read the "She bought me pizza and wings for the game. #bestwifeever" garbage.

It's not all rum raisin ice cream when it comes down to real life though, as I'm watching something bad unfolding before my very eyes with a couple of friends who are married, where the wife just pours out awesome posts about her life, when it's actually not.

So I usually read facebook posts and laugh, even with all the goodliest crap I see women post about there spouses, it's all smoke and mirrors, I know and see things through real eyes.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:54 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Facebook is such a waste of time. And honestly it doesn't reflect real life. People post stuff to make themselves feel better about lacking this or that in their lives (things that nobody cares about but maybe a few).The world would be a better place without it. If it bothers you that much, get rid of it.

I know of a girl who recently got married who stays at home and gets catered to all day and she posts like crazy the things she is eating. Every single time she goes out (which is like every other day), she will post another five pictures of the same stuff to show how "fabulous" her life is. But in reality she doesn't do anything of substance and it's kind of sad.

this

Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 PM

709 posts, read 766,436 times
How did so many people miss the point of this thread?

Old 03-31-2015, 06:00 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,279,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I could've written the OP, since I often feel that way and frequently take breaks from Facebook because it makes me feel awful and lonely. I hear more than enough all day, every day at work about everyone's families and spouses, so to see it online is even worse. And, I get the "Oh, you're still single?" comments at work. Sometime people treat me like I'm not a real adult because I don't have "real" adult issues, like a SO or kids, even though I'm older than some of them! It really does make me feel badly sometimes. But I try to remind myself that I'm a late bloomer and that I'll hopefully find someone someday too. I just wish it'd happen sooner rather than later.
+1... Sometimes I will be meeting at a bar with some friends and they bring their SO..... Annoying!

Old 03-31-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Just think about how relieved you will be, though, when they are going through divorces and custody disputes.

They won't post about THAT on Fakebook.
Hahaha! So true! I actually laughed out loud at this

Old 03-31-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEllaElla View Post
Dude, you're going to drive yourself nuts if you start thinking about this. This is what happens in your 20s/30s. That's when you start seeing engagement/wedding/baby announcements on social media. It doesn't mean you're "behind" or they're "moving on". It's not about moving on, it's about growing up.

We have different purposes in life and everything happens when it's supposed to happen. My first boyfriend is getting married in two weeks, we broke up 3 years ago ... I was the last girl he dated before he got engaged to his fiancée. He's 25. It's strange to see him getting married (not because I'm still hung up, but it's because we were so young when we dated, it's odd to see him have an "adult life". Your mind freezes people in the past, the way things were then and somehow forgets they've evolved since).

You shouldn't worry or feel pressured in any way. Do you and let things happen naturally. Life isn't a race (cliché, but true).
THIS is the problem! I feel like I'm not progressing or "growing up". Honestly, your post made me feel a tad worse, but whatever. Thanks anyway.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah. You hit your mid 20s and 30s, more and more people get married, more people divorcing and remarrying, kids happen, house buying happens, and facebook is a lot of married women's source to vocalize how super awesome and amazing there lives are. I do not see this from men very often though.

Of course the men send the "happy anny honey, love you" post/speech, but it's very rare for me to see them make a facebook post about them eating healthy, though sometimes I read the "She bought me pizza and wings for the game. #bestwifeever" garbage.

It's not all rum raisin ice cream when it comes down to real life though, as I'm watching something bad unfolding before my very eyes with a couple of friends who are married, where the wife just pours out awesome posts about her life, when it's actually not.

So I usually read facebook posts and laugh, even with all the goodliest crap I see women post about there spouses, it's all smoke and mirrors, I know and see things through real eyes.
Yup! This is truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships