Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times

Advertisements

If you feel compelled to lie to your spouse, then you both married the wrong person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Why would you lie about small stuff?
To buy time usually. Peace. Working a 50 hour week then spending your weekend on the Honey Do list only works part of the time. Even a draft animal needs a break.

Quote:
No wonder these people are your exes.
You don't know the half of it. My first wife got strung out on oxycontin, ended up in an Arizona prison and left me with a 5 yr old girl. No wonder she's my ex? No chit. Thankfully I had a sister that became her mother.

Quote:
You both lied to each other more or less chronically, and thought nothing of it.
There in lies the conundrum. We met in 1996, decided to raise our daughters together in 1998 and divorced in 2013. We were both very strong willed people and respected that in each other. I think for me the little lies were just said for the reasons above. I wonder if avoiding certain situations was what kept us together for so long. She could be a nag at times. Any guy on this forum can sympathize with what I'm saying.

Quote:
Why did your wife suspect you of having an affair?
That's not what this thread is about.

I think that lying can sometimes grease the skids in a relationship, if a person is being too pushy a bad situation can be avoided.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
To buy time usually. Peace. Working a 50 hour week then spending your weekend on the Honey Do list only works part of the time. Even a draft animal needs a break.

You don't know the half of it. My first wife got strung out on oxycontin, ended up in an Arizona prison and left me with a 5 yr old girl. No wonder she's my ex? No chit. Thankfully I had a sister that became her mother.

There in lies the conundrum. We met in 1996, decided to raise our daughters together in 1998 and divorced in 2013. We were both very strong willed people and respected that in each other. I think for me the little lies were just said for the reasons above. I wonder if avoiding certain situations was what kept us together for so long. She could be a nag at times. Any guy on this forum can sympathize with what I'm saying.

That's not what this thread is about.

I think that lying can sometimes grease the skids in a relationship, if a person is being too pushy a bad situation can be avoided.
Learn how to communicate and get some self-esteem. Then you won't feel like you "have" to lie.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Learn how to communicate and get some self-esteem. Then you won't feel like you "have" to lie.
You don't know my second wife, she had a good heart, she was an excellent mother and overall a great person but she had a picc poor set of ears at times.

You need to learn to focus on the subject at hand.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
If my husband is tired and isn't going to start on a project that needs to be done, he says he's tired and going to do it later. Same for me. No need to le about anything.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
You don't know my second wife, she had a good heart, she was an excellent mother and overall a great person but she had a picc poor set of ears at times.

You need to learn to focus on the subject at hand.
No, you need to grow some confidence and some communication skills.

If you can't be honest with the person you supposedly love more than anyone in the world, why even bother?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
If you can't be honest with the person you supposedly love more than anyone in the world, why even bother?
You got it!! Why be honest? Are you lying to yourself?

I bothered to tell a small lie to my wife to put her mind at ease, to create an equilibrium instead of an imbalance. Believe me on some things such as planning a trip or a project or something she needed to be concerned about I wouldn't lie, the usual/common answer was "I don't have a good answer for you yet" or "I don't know yet".

It's not about self esteem either, it's about technique. It was more about picking ones battles, we were both very good at that. Above all it's about consoling the one you care about and keeping a balance on your side, in your mind.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:10 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not sure why dysfunctional people think everyone else is too?.... oh wait... That is PART of the definition of being dysfunctional.

Carry on.
lmbo!!!

Old 04-05-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:

I bothered to tell a small lie to my wife to put her mind at ease, to create an equilibrium instead of an imbalance. Believe me on some things such as planning a trip or a project or something she needed to be concerned about I wouldn't lie, the usual/common answer was "I don't have a good answer for you yet" or "I don't know yet".

It's not about self esteem either, it's about technique. It was more about picking ones battles, we were both very good at that. Above all it's about consoling the one you care about and keeping a balance on your side, in your mind.
Honey, this ^^^ is just rationalization.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to get through the day. It ain't good.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:

No, it's about deflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships