Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 07:09 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
There's something even better out there! When I was job hunting I got pretty discouraged by a couple of my rejections. Like, broke down crying kind of upset (which the bird mocked me for, of course). It took a couple more months but I landed a position that I love at a good, stable company. I am very glad I didn't get those other two jobs!

Just keep on keepin' on.

Thanks for the kind words. This job I was hoping to get because it was supposedly less travel and also I'd be the only guy in southern California, so I would have been on my own a bit more, but oh well. Maybe something better will come along.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm kinda wondering if the pony tail scared them off too. Of course he didn't say anything and I would think after the first interview if he had a problem with it why bother forking out money to fly me up there for 3 days with hotel and rental car costs. So IDK, I'm wonder if I should just whack it off just in case, not sure LOL...
wellll was it in a man bun?!! j/k
Doubt it was the hair. I think that when its a smaller company, it's different from hiring in a larger organisation... Did you ask why ( you don't have to say, just for your reference - I think it's good to know what the reason was )

Old 02-11-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Doubt it was the hair. I think that when its a smaller company, it's different from hiring in a larger organisation... Did you ask why ( you don't have to say, just for your reference - I think it's good to know what the reason was )

//www.city-data.com/forum/42963370-post10451.html

Old 02-11-2016, 03:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Well, got the dreaded bad news phone call. They aren't gonna go with the Chowman. So, it's back to sending out resumes and making phone calls.
I'm sorry, Chow. I'd hire you. If nothing else, just for your personality. Light green candles. It's good ju ju for finding employment. Searching for work sucks. We are in the same boat.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I guess I'm the only female on the planet that finds men buns sexy? It's all down to Duncan Mc Cloud from the Highlander tv series. I've had a thing for men with long hair ever since.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. This job I was hoping to get because it was supposedly less travel and also I'd be the only guy in southern California, so I would have been on my own a bit more, but oh well. Maybe something better will come along.
Chow, It would probably break your heart but you might consider looking for a job in Dallas or Austin. There is a huge inflow of companies and Californians moving here with their work.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Chow, It would probably break your heart but you might consider looking for a job in Dallas or Austin. There is a huge inflow of companies and Californians moving here with their work.
It's funny you mention Texas, my last company I was with had bought out a company that had a few offices in Texas, Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.

LOL

Not sure if I could handle the weather there, gets hot and muggy, especially in Houston. I was there as a kid and we went to Galveston and this was August and I was probably 18 or 19 and I remember how god awful humid it was.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm sorry, Chow. I'd hire you. If nothing else, just for your personality. Light green candles. It's good ju ju for finding employment. Searching for work sucks. We are in the same boat.
This is sort of embarrassing to admit, but this is pretty much the first time in my life that I've had to actually search for a job. My very first company I worked for as a teenager was at a hardware store and I filled out 5 applications, one every week. The store manager finally hired me just to get me off of back. LOL, he actually said that to me. I really don't count that as a job search as it was a place a few blocks from the house and I was just a teenager.

My first real company I worked for, the guy that hired me was a family friend. I worked there for 15 yrs. Guys I knew that worked at the same company had over the yrs left and gone over to competitors in the same business. When I had my fill at the company I just made a couple of phone calls and pretty much had a job lined up. I left the last company and I feel like a teenager searching for a job. LOL, it's just a bit odd to be getting rejections. I'm not bragging, but I'm used to accolades not rejection. I am going to a slightly different industry so I guess that has a bit of a bearing on it too. I think nowadays companies are being more and more picky about who they hire especially small companies, this company I was interviewing with only has 14 employees and that's pretty damn small, at least it is to me.

I guess I'll just keep on plugging away.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:54 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Uffda. Home from another long week.

I passed the test from two weeks ago. One more qualification I have.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Uffda. Home from another long week.

I passed the test from two weeks ago. One more qualification I have.
Some good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships