Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 04:28 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The price dropped on one of the pickups I looked at. Trying to talk myself into thinking that Diesel engine it has won't be problematic.
I haven't had a diesel pickup so far.

If i do go used diesel i think it would be a 7.3 PSD Turbo. Here is some diesel info i came across. Certain years/models were more Problematic.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...iesel+problems

What is the best diesel truck out there? | Big Thompson Diesel & Automotive

When you start to have problems with a diesel engine, it gets expensive, fast. I might just stick to the Gas engines.....

Old 02-18-2016, 05:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I haven't had a diesel pickup so far.

If i do go used diesel i think it would be a 7.3 PSD Turbo. Here is some diesel info i came across. Certain years/models were more Problematic.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...iesel+problems

What is the best diesel truck out there? | Big Thompson Diesel & Automotive

When you start to have problems with a diesel engine, it gets expensive, fast. I might just stick to the Gas engines.....
If I go the diesel route I'll make it my daily driver.

I like the 7.3. Unfortunately they all have 250,000 miles on them by now. I don't mind gas powered. It is what I have now. The 6.0 might be okay if it has been worked over.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 PM

"The Vikings" season4 starts back up tonight on the History channel.....

Old 02-18-2016, 07:58 PM

52,211 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Walking dead started back up this past Sunday and I forgot about it, we watched the mid season opener yesterday and man, what an action packed fest that was. Good lord.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Walking dead started back up this past Sunday and I forgot about it, we watched the mid season opener yesterday and man, what an action packed fest that was. Good lord.
We watched it on Sunday. It was the most walkers ever put down at one time.....

Old 02-18-2016, 10:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Its Friday...

Q: How much room is needed for fungi to grow?

Spoiler
A: as mushroom as possible lol

Old 02-19-2016, 06:42 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Auraliea get a typed reference from this professor that he recommends you.Being an artist is a hard field. If anything you need to get on websites to sell yourself. You need cell sheets, websites, and proof of product. Most companies only hire the best.(Lots of competition) Free lancing helps. You have to learn to please the company and what (they) want.Lot's of crazy deadlines, group work, compromising, etc. Graphic art is where the money is but hard to get. I would have a back up plan with going for an art degree.
I'm not going to lie....I am a little scared of other aspects of it, but I'm more afraid of just the opportunity slip past me. I'm going to at least see if I can get into the school I need to be at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
What part about pharmacy do you like? The chemistry? The medical/biology aspect? I ask because if you like the biology aspect and you like creating things, you could try for creating reconstructive parts for people . . . It would blend both worlds - and I would think be highly rewarding.
Personally I just like the medical aspect of it, I also won't have to be around blood or other things like nurses have to be. A medical career is probably one of the best out there money wise. Which is the main reason I feel like I have to do it. I have survive some how.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm not going to lie....I am a little scared of other aspects of it, but I'm more afraid of just the opportunity slip past me. I'm going to at least see if I can get into the school I need to be at.

Personally I just like the medical aspect of it, I also won't have to be around blood or other things like nurses have to be. A medical career is probably one of the best out there money wise. Which is the main reason I feel like I have to do it. I have survive some how.
There are a lot of "technician" type jobs in the med field, such a respiratory tech or MRI/X-ray or physical therapy, lots of jobs where you can be involved in the med field and you're right, lots of opportunity and you can't get outsourced to India like a million other jobs are getting to be.

Not sure where this country is gonna be in 15 yrs or so, hopefully we'll still be employing people here. I think with technology and outsourcing we're never going to be what we used to be.

Were in the beginning of a new time and that new time doesn't bode well.....

Sorry to be negative, just sayin....

Old 02-20-2016, 01:14 PM

19,396 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Its Friday...

Q: How much room is needed for fungi to grow?

Spoiler
A: as mushroom as possible lol
Haha!

(I think that one caps them all. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

It can definitely feel overwhelming trying to make a decision like this. I don't have any concrete advice for you, but I sincerely believe that you'll be great at whatever you do, Auraliea. Who knows, you might end up doing something else entirely, something that you really love. I wish you the best of luck, whatever you do.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:12 PM

We watched that movie "Straight outta of Compton" a couple of days ago. Wasn't too bad. Wasn't all that great, but it was worth a watch.

I'm about the same age as Cube and matter of fact one of the guys I went to HS with had some affiliation with NWA.

Like rap or not, those guys did create a whole new sound. On par with how the Seattle sound was a whole new thing and you don't get that much in life, matter of fact you can count on one hand people who created a whole new thing. Beatles, Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson are a few examples off the top my head.

Most people are imitators not innovators, but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships