Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 05:51 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing I never really understood is that when you do CPR and you blow into the person's mouth and do the chest compressions, I get that you are simulating heart pumping blood, but when you blow into the lungs, we exhale Co2 gases... how are the lungs able to take in oxygen and pass it on to the blood??? I get that some of what we exhale is oxygen, but something doesn't seem right. I asked the instructor of the CPR course and she didn't know the technical details.
While we expel co2 it isn't a lethal amount, in the breath we exhale there is breathable air. Mostly nitrogen and oxygen. If I don't have a mask barrier or other means of giving air, I am going to just do compressions. The compressions are the more important thing.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:52 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
While we expel co2 it isn't a lethal amount, in the breath we exhale there is breathable air. Mostly nitrogen and oxygen. If I don't have a mask barrier or other means of giving air, I am going to just do compressions. The compressions are the more important thing.
Yeah, I heard that some CPR courses only focus on chest compressions.....

Old 11-15-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
True!!

LMAO!

I've worn an nice beat up pair. I agree. They are comfortable.

There used to be this guy I was friends with in high school. He was a HUGE Pantera fan. He used to wear cowboy boots, and he went out an attached spurs to them. He was also a good size dude, so he walked heavy. So, you'd be sitting in freakin like...geography class, and just hear "clop-shiig! clop-shiing! clop-shiing! clop-shiing!" coming and going down the hall for 5 minutes. lol
When I was riding horses, I wore spurs. That was the only time. Otherwise it is douchbaggery.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
I'm a bad influence. Last night went to supper with some friends, their baby is a couple months old. We had a great time keeping each other entertained.
Oh yes LOL

I think that's why I'm so good with babies as they like silly things like me

Sea out of respect I agree LOL!!!!!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I heard that some CPR courses only focus on chest compressions.....
It is awesome feeling to bring someone back. The worst is when death is pronounced. Then it is waiting for the coroner to show up, then the funeral home. Whether it is in someone's home or roadside.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:59 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
When I was riding horses, I wore spurs. That was the only time. Otherwise it is douchbaggery.

Well, he only did it for attention, so I agree. lol

Old 11-15-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
It is awesome feeling to bring someone back. The worst is when death is pronounced. Then it is waiting for the coroner to show up, then the funeral home. Whether it is in someone's home or roadside.
Yeah... not to get too heavy as we're having a good time, but last yr, Mrs. Chows brother was pulled off of life support and watching the heart monitor slowly tick down......slower...slower... and slower...

Till it flat lines....then the doc announcing time of death.....

That is something that I'll never ever forget in my lifetime.... I wished I didn't see it, truth be told....

Makes ya think twice about life, that's for sure......

Old 11-15-2015, 06:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Yeah... not to get too heavy as we're having a good time, but last yr, Mrs. Chows brother was pulled off of life support and watching the heart monitor slowly tick down......slower...slower... and slower...

That is something that I'll never ever forget in my lifetime.... I wished I didn't see it, truth be told....

Absolutely I couldn't begin to think what it was like to witness that

My deepest condolences to both sea and yourself mate for your loss

Old 11-15-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:

That is something that changes a person. It used to be more common place to experience death of a loved one. It often happened at home in not in a hospital or medical facility.

I rather now dwell on it.

Went out to my parents place to today to pick up more stuff that I had in the shop. Parts, a big more and stuff like that. Tim to sort, sell and discard stuff I don't need. Brought home the ladder so I can hang Christmas lights.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
That is something that changes a person. It used to be more common place to experience death of a loved one. It often happened at home in not in a hospital or medical facility.

I rather now dwell on it.

Went out to my parents place to today to pick up more stuff that I had in the shop. Parts, a big more and stuff like that. Tim to sort, sell and discard stuff I don't need. Brought home the ladder so I can hang Christmas lights.
You need to stop being so damn productive... you're making me look bad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships