Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 01:20 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Fuch that mags!!!

At least it payed for the Ferrari
No overtime in there. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Funny how that works, huh? lol

Really? I was just kidding.

lol

lol

Old 11-15-2015, 01:24 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

See, I'm a night owl, so it suits me. But this dayshift thing is ****ed up.

What's worse for traffic there? Day/night for into/out of city?
There isn't a "city" as such, it's just one big huge urban sprawl, there are a few "job centers" but since things are spread so far around here, there really isn't a specific location that gets worse, I mean there are, certain freeways the directions are predictable patterns, such as east to west in the morning and west to east in the afternoon.

Same goes with some of the north/south traffic flows.

Our rush hours are basically 5am to about 9:30 am and 3pm to 7pm.

And in between it can be a nightmare too.

It's part of the reason why I want to get the hell out of So Cal..... This place is probably one of the most overrated places I've ever seen, just in general. I've been to other states and felt much more comfortable and relaxed.

I could go on a serious rant about California and all of it's problems, but I'll spare you ....

Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:

lol
Lol!

Old 11-15-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There isn't a "city" as such, it's just one big huge urban sprawl, there are a few "job centers" but since things are spread so far around here, there really isn't a specific location that gets worse, I mean there are, certain freeways the directions are predictable patterns, such as east to west in the morning and west to east in the afternoon.

Same goes with some of the north/south traffic flows.

Our rush hours are basically 5am to about 9:30 am and 3pm to 7pm.

And in between it can be a nightmare too.

It's part of the reason why I want to get the hell out of So Cal..... This place is probably one of the most overrated places I've ever seen, just in general. I've been to other states and felt much more comfortable and relaxed.

I could go on a serious rant about California and all of it's problems, but I'll spare you ....

*shudder* F that noise.

So....since I'm never lived anywhere like that........I've always wondered: why doesn't anyone use surface streets to avoid all that shyt? I understand not wanting to take the chance of what could be a 50 minute commute on the freeway, and turning it into 1 1/2 on the surface....but what's more likely? Being stuck on the freeway for an EXTRA 40 minutes? Or a pretty predictable 15 extra minutes?

Quote:
Lol!

Old 11-15-2015, 02:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Mags out of pure curiosity old mate, what do you do for a living? ( if you don't mind me asking of course )

Old 11-15-2015, 02:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
*shudder* F that noise.

So....since I'm never lived anywhere like that........I've always wondered: why doesn't anyone use surface streets to avoid all that shyt? I understand not wanting to take the chance of what could be a 50 minute commute on the freeway, and turning it into 1 1/2 on the surface....but what's more likely? Being stuck on the freeway for an EXTRA 40 minutes? Or a pretty predictable 15 extra minutes?

Sometimes we do make that choice, actually. But traffic can still be a nightmare there, too, if it's even feasible. It's a choice you have to make on a regular basis. Sometimes flipping a coin seems to make as much sense. lol

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 11-15-2015 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 02:10 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
*shudder* F that noise.

Depends on where you are at, downtown LA and the westide of LA, the UCLA areas are a nightmare on the surface streets.

The 405, that section from LAX to Santa Monica, and a bit further north was rated as the busiest section of freeway in all of the country, and to get to UCLA and the Westside of LA you would take that freeway or the 10 which is another nightmare.

I'm a field tech as I've said here before doing it 23 yrs, been on the freeways of LA area for 23 yrs now, very familiar with most parts of LA and I gotta tell ya.... it's killing me... slowly.....and I don't even have it that bad.

You know where we are located, we're about 22 miles to Downtown LA and about 20 miles to "downtown" Orange county which would be considered to be Irvine as there are lots of businesses there and several high rises.

I'm in a decent spot and most of my projects were in the east side of LA county and parts of Orange county so I never had it that bad.

In LA area in order to be able to afford homes you have to go out to the "inland empire" not sure if you've heard that term but it's basically Riverside and San Bernardino counties... a lot of guys live out there and I've heard stories of guys on the freeway 2.5 hours in the afternoon commute... quite often actually...

I'm thankful for my location and was basically given close to home jobs, the exception being the project that was in Banning, which was 88 miles from the house, but overall I've been pretty lucky in that department.

I would never face those long commutes just to be able to own a home, I'd live in a crappy one bedroom apartment instead... course it's just Mrs. Chow and me and the rabbit so we don't need a lot of space, but guys with two or three kids...

Sucks...

Old 11-15-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mags out of pure curiosity old mate, what do you do for a living? ( if you don't mind me asking of course )

Emergency responder at a foundry. So, First Aid/defib/O2 admin, fire fighting, HAZMAT, Rescue from heights, Confined Space rescue, blah blah blah. lol

Quote:
Sometimes we do make that choice, actually. But traffic can still be a nightmare there, too, if it's even feasible.
I believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Depends on where you are at, downtown LA and the westide of LA, the UCLA areas are a nightmare on the surface streets.

The 405, that section from LAX to Santa Monica, and a bit further north was rated as the busiest section of freeway in all of the country, and to get to UCLA and the Westside of LA you would take that freeway or the 10 which is another nightmare.

I'm a field tech as I've said here before doing it 23 yrs, been on the freeways of LA area for 23 yrs now, very familiar with most parts of LA and I gotta tell ya.... it's killing me... slowly.....and I don't even have it that bad.

You know where we are located, we're about 22 miles to Downtown LA and about 20 miles to "downtown" Orange county which would be considered to be Irvine as there are lots of businesses there and several high rises.

I'm in a decent spot and most of my projects were in the east side of LA county and parts of Orange county so I never had it that bad.

In LA area in order to be able to afford homes you have to go out to the "inland empire" not sure if you've heard that term but it's basically Riverside and San Bernardino counties... a lot of guys live out there and I've heard stories of guys on the freeway 2.5 hours in the afternoon commute... quite often actually...

I'm thankful for my location and was basically given close to home jobs, the exception being the project that was in Banning, which was 88 miles from the house, but overall I've been pretty lucky in that department.

I would never face those long commutes just to be able to own a home, I'd live in a crappy one bedroom apartment instead... course it's just Mrs. Chow and me and the rabbit so we don't need a lot of space, but guys with two or three kids...

Sucks...

I.............I think I'll just stay here in my little, below average city. lol There is literally nothing, no amount of traffic, that could stop me from crossing this city in under 30 minutes. lol

Old 11-15-2015, 02:35 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Oh nice mate a few of them qualifications are need in my job depending what sector

Old 11-15-2015, 02:36 PM

I would think in construction, first aid, rescue from heights, and HAZMAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships