Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 07:29 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,828,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was at the gym on the treadmill and CNN was on a few of the TV's and they were doing a big thing on Prince. These guys must have a lot of this stuff in the can for when celebrities die because they seem to have a lot of pre-made stories and clips of his performances and highlights of his life, of course they were interviewing people too.

I popped into the store on the way home and a car cruising through the parking lot had "When Doves Cry" cranked pretty loud.

What a trip, a lot of musicians have died so far this year and we're only about a quarter into it too. Glenn Frey, David Bowie, Lemmy Kilmister, now Prince. Heck, there may be some I missed.
Merle Haggard.

It is a terrible year for musicians. The other sad news today, kayne west was found alive in his apartment today.

Yesterday I washed and waxed my pickup. It looks good. Really good. Tonight after work I washed and waxed my fourteen year old Toyota and it didn't shine up as well. .

Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Merle Haggard.

It is a terrible year for musicians. The other sad news today, kayne west was found alive in his apartment today.

Yesterday I washed and waxed my pickup. It looks good. Really good. Tonight after work I washed and waxed my fourteen year old Toyota and it didn't shine up as well. .
yeah I forgot about Merle. Lol yeah when that dipshyt passes it will be at the bottom of the 6th page in reporting. Fox news right along with ccn are nonstop talking about it.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:23 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,113,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Merle Haggard.

Old things might not shine up like they used to, but they have a patina that can't be replicated.

I have an okay job. I won't ever be rich or famous, but it pays the bills because I live within my means. I'm grateful to have it, but everyday I wish my life away by wishing it was 5:00 so that I could leave. I work in a cubicle. The chatter in the office is incredible. I know all about everyone's business - and I don't want to know! LOL. Are walls & a door too much to ask? How can people have so much drama from 5:00p to 8:00a?

Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Old things might not shine up like they used to, but they have a patina that can't be replicated.

I have an okay job. I won't ever be rich or famous, but it pays the bills because I live within my means. I'm grateful to have it, but everyday I wish my life away by wishing it was 5:00 so that I could leave. I work in a cubicle. The chatter in the office is incredible. I know all about everyone's business - and I don't want to know! LOL. Are walls & a door too much to ask? How can people have so much drama from 5:00p to 8:00a?

Most people manufacture their own drama. We've had a friend a while back that we just had to sorta stop seeing cause she was just way way too much drama. It would be too hard to get into the details to explain what I mean, it's just when you add everything up and how she acted, IDK, but it was always just something with her. Her and her husband ended up divorcing and we haven't seen her for a couple of yrs now. It's sorta sad because when she dialed down the drama a bit she was sorta fun to be around.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,113,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most people manufacture their own drama. We've had a friend a while back that we just had to sorta stop seeing cause she was just way way too much drama. It would be too hard to get into the details to explain what I mean, it's just when you add everything up and how she acted, IDK, but it was always just something with her. Her and her husband ended up divorcing and we haven't seen her for a couple of yrs now. It's sorta sad because when she dialed down the drama a bit she was sorta fun to be around.

Yeah, there is a young woman in the department that knows everything, has issues with her BF on a daily basis (not sure WHY they are together, unless they feed off each other), and she runs hot & cold with co-workers.

SO & I went to a home improvement store, and that was all he could do. Got him home, and I cut his grass. By the time I was done, he was sleeping. He has been sleeping ever since. It's just so scary, day after day. (He still goes to work, but it takes a toll that I can see.)

I got home, made a stencil of my house numbers, then went out to cut (at least some of) my grass. I couldn't get the lawn mower started for ANY money. I cleaned the air filter (will get a new one tomorrow), added oil and gas, and primed it. (BTW, I hate pull-start mowers. LOL) It would just sputter and cough. I'd let it sit so as not to flood it, but still can't get it.

Things are just supposed to work. That's my opinion, and I'm standing by it. LOL

Part of the reason for cutting the grass was to get some exercise, but since that didn't work, I came in and ate naan and hummus. Um . . . yeah . . . that makes sense.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 PM

My day started at 4:30 this morning. Mowed the front lawn for the first time this year. Then took the kayak out for the first time. Brand new kayak to boot.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:54 PM

My day started out with the typical things that you'd think.,it went quickly South. Not sure why that direction gets the bad rap ,but whatever.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:04 AM

17,647 posts, read 22,673,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Yeah, there is a young woman in the department that knows everything, has issues with her BF on a daily basis (not sure WHY they are together, unless they feed off each other), and she runs hot & cold with co-workers.

SO & I went to a home improvement store, and that was all he could do. Got him home, and I cut his grass. By the time I was done, he was sleeping. He has been sleeping ever since. It's just so scary, day after day. (He still goes to work, but it takes a toll that I can see.)

I got home, made a stencil of my house numbers, then went out to cut (at least some of) my grass. I couldn't get the lawn mower started for ANY money. I cleaned the air filter (will get a new one tomorrow), added oil and gas, and primed it. (BTW, I hate pull-start mowers. LOL) It would just sputter and cough. I'd let it sit so as not to flood it, but still can't get it.

Things are just supposed to work. That's my opinion, and I'm standing by it. LOL

Part of the reason for cutting the grass was to get some exercise, but since that didn't work, I came in and ate naan and hummus. Um . . . yeah . . . that makes sense.
You might have flooded it, or the gas is old.
Take the gas out of the tank with a turkey baster. Loosen the bolt (counter clockwise) on the carb float bowl to drain the little bit of gas in it.
Put some Sta-bil gas treatment, in with the new gas.

If she still won't start,

Get a new spark plug & gap it properly. Or ask them to gap it for you at an auto parts store.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You might have flooded it, or the gas is old.
Take the gas out of the tank with a turkey baster. Loosen the bolt (counter clockwise) on the carb float bowl to drain the little bit of gas in it.
Put some Sta-bil gas treatment, in with the new gas.

If she still won't start,

Get a new spark plug & gap it properly. Or ask them to gap it for you at an auto parts store.
It seems I end up taking the carburetor apart and cleaning it. The ethanol does nasty things to a carb. Seafoam is my additive of choice to clean a carb or add to gas.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,673,325 times
Just about every spring my Toro mower won't start up. I take the old gas out of the gas tank & drain the carb float bowl. I put new gas in the gas tank with some gas Sta-bil mixed in... She starts right up after i have pressed the prime bulb several times.....

If my mower wouldn't have started with new gas and/or a new spark plug, i would get a carb kit, & soak the original carb parts real good in carb cleaner.

Due to the ethanol in gas nowadays, i've had a gas hose connected to a filter collapse & get mushy, on one of my chainsaws...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships