Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 01:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Okay I browsed a bit around there, looks like functional body weight type stuff?
We do that, plus weights, TRX and cardio (rower and treadmill). The place I go to is a pretty good mix of everything. They only have 60 minute classes right now, but every so often they'll do a 90 minute on the weekend which I prefer.

Getting there in the mornings is a chore sometimes though...I'm NOT a morning person and 4:25 am is not my idea of fun. However, when the workout is over I feel like I'm high...lol. Best feeling ever!
Yes pretty much but it's outside as well which obviously beats a treadmill,

Honesty that's the ONE great thing about my body is that I have muscle and broad shoulders so I don't need weights as such

Oh I hate mornings LOL mine would be at night in the park in the dark.... 😱

Old 11-22-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
LOL, we're scrappers. All that bobbing, weaving, and ankle-biting wears out the opponent. I've had a few wrestling matches with the Mr. (who is a big dude), and that's how I win

Yep remember my friend who's your size ( I'm god father to her kids who are the same age as yours I believe ) we have a muck about!!!!!

LOL that's what she does or grabs my ear and twists it LOL

Old 11-22-2015, 01:16 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
Hahaha...I do have thyroid issues, however it's not an excuse for me. My excuse at the moment is that I'm I'm too mentally drained to figure out how much I should be eating. It's trial and error and I haven't got the patience for it.
LOL, my mom had thyroid problems a couple of yrs before she passed, she had the version where you actually lose weight, not pack it on.

I could use a little of that action right about now, my sleep apnea gets aggravated by excess weight and that doesn't help, it's hard to work out when you're completely exhausted all of the time... excuses excuses... LOL...

Old 11-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, my mom had thyroid problems a couple of yrs before she passed, she had the version where you actually lose weight, not pack it on.

I could use a little of that action right about now, my sleep apnea gets aggravated by excess weight and that doesn't help, it's hard to work out when you're completely exhausted all of the time... excuses excuses... LOL...
That old chestnut LOL

Infact the last gym I was a member of had a bar in it....... ( I'm sure you can figure out why it went wrong )

Old 11-22-2015, 01:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Honesty that's the ONE great thing about my body is that I have muscle and broad shoulders so I don't need weights as such

My gym has a pretty good mixed bag of folks that go. I have gone a few days to the evening classes and I didn't like the crowd there. Little gym bunnies afraid to pick up anything more than 10b dumbbells, and an overall feel of a "meat market". It has a weird vibe to me. I felt completely out of place in that crowd.

Those that roll their ass out of bed at 4:30 are only there for one thing. The trainers have made the same observation.

However, your program probably wouldn't attract the same folks our late class does. Outdoor training is a different beast. I have seen classes like yours in our area, but I could never do them. I hate bugs and the sun...lol

Old 11-22-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

I hate treadmills, I like the Stairmaster or the elliptical trainer but not so much with the plain old treadmill.....

Old 11-22-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
My gym has a pretty good mixed bag of folks that go. I have gone a few days to the evening classes and I didn't like the crowd there. Little gym bunnies afraid to pick up anything more than 10b dumbbells, and an overall feel of a "meat market". It has a weird vibe to me. I felt completely out of place in that crowd.

Those that roll their ass out of bed at 4:30 are only there for one thing. The trainers have made the same observation.

However, your program probably wouldn't attract the same folks our late class does. Outdoor training is a different beast. I have seen classes like yours in our area, but I could never do them. I hate bugs and the sun...lol

You don't like the meat market vibe??? try coming to a gym in Southern California, I see women in full makeup with the little outifts and it's a total meat market, I'd almost prefer to go to a gym with just men and not have those little "bunnies" as you say, it's aggravating, just work out and drop the nonsense....

Old 11-22-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Little gym bunnies 😂😂👍

Oh yep the first ever gym I was a member to the nights were awful, you would have to wait about 15 minutes for a treadmill and then you were only allowed to do 10 minutes as the que was massive LOL

That's the daunting thing, I've never ever done outside fitness stuff and as its winter on the mud/rain/freezing cold/pitch black etc I'm not looking forward to it.

But needs must I need to do something now otherwise later on in life I'll struggle like mad

It may help quit smoking as well as I don't fancy coughing my lungs out LOL

Old 11-22-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I hate treadmills, I like the Stairmaster or the elliptical trainer but not so much with the plain old treadmill.....
It's boring as hell LOL

I like the look of that " climber " machine? The one that you see on top executives offices do you know the one I mean?

That looks intense mate

Old 11-22-2015, 01:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times
Quote:
You don't like the meat market vibe??? try coming to a gym in Southern California, I see women in full makeup with the little outifts and it's a total meat market, I'd almost prefer to go to a gym with just men and not have those little "bunnies" as you say, it's aggravating, just work out and drop the nonsense....
Exactly! I mean I get that one might have make-up on if they are coming from work, but reapplying powder and fixing your make-up and hair before your workout is over the top. Personally, I prefer to work out with a naked face, so that I can wipe my sweat off on the bottom of my shirt and not have it stain....lol

They take pics and post them on the gym facebook page all the time, and one girl commented that she always does her hair and make-up just in case she is in a pic. I don't know, I think if I was going to be in a pic on their social media page, I'd want to look like I was kicking ass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships