Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

She said she stopped fighting and let him have sex with her. She never said he raped her - she said he sexually assaulted her. She doesn't want to go to the police - most people in her position don't want to go to the police.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 11:26 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,873,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseQ View Post
I guess because I am a miserable person.

I don't trust the police and I don't know how they will react. Will they even believe me ? There are no signs of abuse. If he threatens me again, I will probably get restraining order or something like that.

I didn't really agreed to have sex, I just didn't do or say anything . I don't know what I was thinking , maybe I should have fought back but that might have angered him more.
He hit you really hard, but there are no signs of abuse? I bet there were yesterday. You should've taken a photo of the bruise.

If you want to get a restraining order, you need a paper trail.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 AM

65 posts, read 43,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseQ View Post
I guess because I am a miserable person.

I don't trust the police and I don't know how they will react. Will they even believe me ? There are no signs of abuse. If he threatens me again, I will probably get restraining order or something like that.

I didn't really agreed to have sex, I just didn't do or say anything . I don't know what I was thinking , maybe I should have fought back but that might have angered him more.
Well the police take rape and sexual assault very seriously. I don't see any reason for you to think that they wouldn't take you seriously.

What do you mean you didn't really agree? Were you undecided?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
She never said he raped her
Do you think he raped her? It's just that someone else here called it rape.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:37 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,686,242 times
The OP used the word "assault."

Old 04-22-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
Do you think he raped her? It's just that someone else here called it rape.
I think it's a grey area. I think he sexually assaulted her and so she stopped fighting. I think it's sometimes less scary for a woman to stop fighting and let things happen with someone that they know and have been intimate with than to keep fighting. I'm not sure of the legal definitions but I would think that the psychological ramifications might be similar. And since she isn't trying to make a case for rape, I'm not sure what relevance any of this has. The point is that he assaulted her and he hit her. You don't stay in a relationship with someone like that.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think it's a grey area. I think he sexually assaulted her and so she stopped fighting. I think it's sometimes less scary for a woman to stop fighting and let things happen with someone that they know and have been intimate with than to keep fighting. I'm not sure of the legal definitions but I would think that the psychological ramifications might be similar. And since she isn't trying to make a case for rape, I'm not sure what relevance any of this has. The point is that he assaulted her and he hit her. You don't stay in a relationship with someone like that.
It hasn't been established that he sexually assaulted her. All we know is that a guy touched his girlfriend in the heat of an argument, and that they slapped each other. There's nothing immoral or illegal about that (the touching, that is). The fact that they're intimate with each other creates a whole different context than there would be if they were strangers. A context in which consent has, to coin a phrase, blurred lines. The police would want to know a whole lot more than what I'm asking, so they should.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
It hasn't been established that he sexually assaulted her. All we know is that a guy touched his girlfriend in the heat of an argument, and that they slapped each other. There's nothing immoral or illegal about that (the touching, that is). The fact that they're intimate with each other creates a whole different context than there would be if they were strangers. A context in which consent has, to coin a phrase, blurred lines. The police would want to know a whole lot more than what I'm asking, so they should.
Are you a police officer? Is she asking for your legal advice?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:

Wait, there is nothing illegal or immoral about touching someone in anger? Or without consent?

Since when?

She said he touched her, and implied sexually, without her consent. That's sexual assault. The end. Jesus.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wait, there is nothing illegal or immoral about touching someone in anger? Or without consent?

Since when?

She said he touched her, and implied sexually, without her consent. That's sexual assault. The end. Jesus.
As you know, that's not what I said. I said that there's nothing immoral or illegal about touching your girlfriend in the heat of an argument. The fact that an argument is going on doesn't constitute a refusal of consent, and we don't know what really happened. What we do know is that she doesn't want to go to the police, who are very thorough with their questioning, and require evidence. We also know that she slapped him and he slapped her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships