Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 03:13 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
Violence is never right, unless you're in real danger. Even if he was sexually assaulting her, I'm sure she knows him well enough to know if he's capable of actually hurting her. She could have pushed him away. If she did that and then he sexually assaults her, then ok it's justified to slap him. But she hasn't indicated that she did that. All she said was that she slapped him.

So being sexually assualted by someone you know and trust means that you are not in "Real Danger"?
There is no real way to know if someone is "capable" of hurting you if there have been no instances prior to this one.

You really have no experience with sexual assault or domestic violence do you?

Good try blaming her though, you know, the victim.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:14 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

It's so aggravating he still had the nerve to hit back harder after putting her in a fearful position in the first place; what is she suppose to do stand there and take it, be ok whatever force the man uses because he has the advantage?? The OP responded in total fear while the so called bf's response was that of the typical ones who has the ''you dished it out, now I hit harder to teach you a lesson'' retaliatory mentality, knowing very well the girl can't do nothing in return (try that on another guy and see if he'll quit after you hit him back harder and if your so called ''teach you a lesson'' works) and they can still get away with it.

After sexual assault comes raping. What is a girl suppose to do in that position?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2015 at 09:03 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 03:22 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

She said she stopped fighting the assault bc she was terrified. Deer in the headlights kind of thing. Fighting it could've only gotten her more beat up. Women are usually on the losing side against a dude, unless they're close to matched size and strength-wise. Why are you pushing this?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2015 at 09:05 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 03:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseQ View Post
Me and my boyfriend had a fight . We didn't talk to each other for a few days. Yesterday, I entered my house and I saw him there, sitting on the couch, waiting for me (he has the keys). He was clearly drunk . I told him to leave , but he wouldn't . He then started sexually assaulting me. I told him to stop but he wouldn't so I slapped him in the face. He then became really angry and hit me back (much harder) . I stopped fighting it and let him have his way because I got terrified . We had sex but now I feel bad and I don't know what to think about him.

We haven't talked since then and I don't know what to do . I have feelings for him but I can't believe he hit me so hard.

I won't go to the police because I see it as a waste of time . There is no evidence that I was sexually assaulted .

I still have feelings for my boyfriend. Do you think I should give him a chance ? Talk to him ? What should I do ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloroberts View Post
I'm not victim blaming. She said herself that she agreed to have sex with him. Lord knows why she'd make that choice if she genuinely felt endangered, but she made it.

Please show me where in the original post she agreed to have sex with him BEFORE he started sexually assaulting her and she became terrified?

Old 04-22-2015, 03:28 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
She said she stopped fighting the assault bc she was terrified. Deer in the headlights kind of thing. Fighting it could've only gotten her more beat up. Women are usually on the losing side against a dude, unless they're close to matched size and strength-wise. Why are you pushing this?
This....

Seems like this male poster doesn't understand simple biology and the differences in reactions between women and men. Even my ex bf who was only 1/2 inch taller and 10-15 lbs heavier could pin me during a playful wrestling game on the bed. And I'm not even a skinny, short woman...5'7 and 140ish lbs.

This is why the only weapon to physically disable a guy if ever in a threatening position, enough for him to not even have a chance in retaliating is either hitting him on the head with an blunt object..knocking him out in one hit or a very hard kick in balls. Or unless the girl herself was Rhonda Rousey, which not many women are.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:50 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
This thread has been closed due to hijacking and personal attacks. The most offensive posts, as well as orphaned posts, have been deleted.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships