Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,251,193 times

Advertisements

My skin was really bad in my late teens, so I used to use Demablend. It was considerably more expensive than drug store brands, but only a very sheer layer is needed to cover acne (and stayed put all day), so it look way more natural than layering on cheaper brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,643,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I posted the original video because w/out makeup she doesn't look the same. Imagine dating someone and then suddenly finding out that their face is covered with bumps & blemishes (w/out tons of makeup).
There are worse things to discover about someone, but if you (meaning anyone) can't handle the makeup-free face, just move on to someone with better skin who will probably also be imperfect in some way. Then, you can move on again when you discover their "secret."

Old 04-22-2015, 01:04 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,001,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I'm sure she turns a lot of heads when she is out and about and all made up, but what happens when she presents herself as she really is?

I don't want to criticize her, because truth be told, I too would use lots of makeup if I needed to cover a lot blemishes or acne, plus based on her vids, she seems like a nice/down to earth person.

I was just wondering how guys would handle thinking that they are dating someone who looks attractive, and then finding out later, as the relationship progresses and when the person gets more comfortable to just be who they are around you, that their real appearance is much different.

You want them to admit how shallow they are?

Old 04-22-2015, 01:08 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,786,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
There are worse things to discover about someone, but if you (meaning anyone) can't handle the makeup-free face, just move on to someone with better skin who will probably also be imperfect in some way. Then, you can move on again when you discover their "secret."
I agree

At her age, bad acne is more common than most of us think or are aware of. And, I'm sure b/c of how obvious her blemishes are, she's very aware and self-conscious about it. It's not the end of the world for her to want to cover them up.

Even as someone in her early 30s, I am prone to acne here and there, although it is no where as nearly as bad as when I was in my teens or early 20s. And even now,I'm very anxious about covering it up.

I don't see the need for anyone to belittle this young lady or put her down. Her skin is imperfect, as is that of millions of people.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:23 PM

718 posts, read 617,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I feel sorry for any man who dates her, he is going to be in for a big surprise when those extensions come out/off and the make up comes off. I wonder if she has unders that modify her body shape as well.

She is the reason so many women who are natural without all the goop and fake parts have such a hard time.
Sorry, but you come across as extremely judgemental for no reason.

Wearing make up in no different than the people who brush/whiten their teeth, wear nice clothes, use soap when they shower, wear deodorant or perfume. If a man can't tell that a woman is wearing makeup, especially when it's generously applied like in her case, then he needs to buy some glasses. Up close, under decent light, it is very obvious. Even from this video, I can still tell she has a skin condition, with the makeup on.

So I call BS on any guy being blind-sided by girls who wear a lot of foundation.

No one is ever "au natural", and believing that women who wear make up, is somehow "deceiving", is silly. If you've ever dyed your hair, painted your nails, or done anything to enhance your looks, then you're absolutely no different. She has a poor skin condition that she might feel ashamed/embarrassed of, who are you to feel pity for her or the "poor" guy who dates her? It's time to get off your pedestal.

No, the reason that women who are supposedly "natural" have a hard time, is because they have haughty attitudes like yours.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Getting clean and being hygienic is the same as vanity now?

Nothing wrong with some vanity (we all have some, I hope), but it isn't the same thing. (And perfume is gross!)

Old 04-22-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Getting clean and being hygienic is the same as vanity now?

Nothing wrong with some vanity (we all have some, I hope), but it isn't the same thing. (And perfume is gross!)
Teeth are naturally a yellow-tinted colour. Whitening your teeth is for enhancement purposes. Every tooth paste I've ever bought has nice pearly whites on the casing. 3D White, Crest Multicare whitening ... etc. Of course brushing your teeth is hygienic, but people definitely buy products because they think it will whiten their teeth. If you use deodorant that is scented, then yes, it is also enhancing yourself. Deodorant is for smelling purposes. Body odour is "natural". But most people don't want to date someone who smells like sweat. Likewise, using scented body products (i.e soap, shampoo) in the shower is to mask the natural smell, and to give you a "nice" smell.

I'm not saying you shouldn't. I think vanity is great. But personal hygienic products are also things that we use to enhance our appeal. So no one is exempt from being "not natural". That is my point.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:35 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Teeth are naturally a yellow-tinted colour. Whitening your teeth is for enhancement purposes. If you use deodorant that is scented, then yes, it is also enhancing yourself. Deodorant is for smelling purposes. Body odour is "natural". But most people don't want to date someone who smells like sweat. Likewise, using scented body products in the shower is to mask that smell.

I'm not saying you shouldn't. I think vanity is great. But personal hygienic products are also things that we use to enhance our appeal. So no one is exempt from being "not natural". That is my point.

I wasn't talking about whitening. I was commenting on brushing. And I don't use scented deoderants and prefer people that don't. I don't use scented shower products either, just unscented neutrogena. Last person I dated didn't use smelly soaps or any deodorant, her natural scent was lovely (though often there was a bit of chlorine smell because she is a swimmer); body odor (scent) and sweat aren't one in the same.

But soap and toothpaste aren't about vanity. That's all I'm saying. They're not the same (hygiene and vanity).

Old 04-22-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wasn't talking about whitening. I was commenting on brushing. And I don't use scented deoderants and prefer people that don't. I don't use scented shower products either, just unscented neutrogena. Last person I dated didn't use smelly soaps or any deodorant, her natural scent was lovely (though often there was a bit of chlorine smell because she is a swimmer); body odor (scent) and sweat aren't one in the same.

But soap and toothpaste aren't about vanity. That's all I'm saying. They're not the same.
Lol I'm not going to argue how "natural" you are. I think the average person does use scented stuff. Toothpastes that supposedly whiten, or deodorant that smells good.

You don't? Good for you. You're still not 100% natural, I can guarantee you that.

But majority of people do. There's nothing wrong with that. All I'm saying is that you can't claim to be entirely natural, or that women who wear makeup aren't, but you are. It's not true.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:38 PM

500 posts, read 1,176,028 times
Having anyone see me in my natural state is my worst nightmare, let alone a new man I'm dating. I have horrible, almost disfiguring, dark circles under my eyes, and the darkness also goes up into the corners of my eyes and onto my eyelids. It's hereditary and exacerbated by allergies, so there's nothing I can do about it but cover it up. I can honestly say I think I look like a cancer patient without concealer. I won't even go through a food drive through without concealer. I also have red acne scars and uneven skintone, so also don't feel comfortable without at least a medium coverage powder.

I have only had 4 relationships in my life (I'm 37) that have lasted longer than 2ish months, and a big part of me wonders if it is because that's about the time relationships get into the sleeping over/no makeup in the morning stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships