Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 08:09 PM

116 posts, read 179,955 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! So, I am talking to this guy, and we became close. Whenever he's drunk, he always says he wants to date me, but when he's sober he's just normal with me. Also, when he's drunk he says "If any guy has sex with you, they're done." He says that a lot, and he grabs and touches my hand a lot. When he was drunk, he said to me "Ashley I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to date you." I say "Ok." Because I always think he's gonna forget the next day, and then he's like "No, you won't. You won't date me. You won't be my girlfriend." I said "Yeah I will." he said "No, you won't go out with me."

Then another time he said to my friend in front of me "I would date Ashley in two seconds, she's a really good girl." He always somehow, mentions dating with me when he's drunk, but when he's sober he acts normal, and friendly with me. He doesn't act flirty, and he even says to me when he's sober "I am done with dating. I don't believe in love, I got hurt way too many times, and I was in love, and I am scared of women because of it." When he's sober he pretty much says he'll never date anyone, so it confuses me. A lot of people say he really likes me, and I was upset and depressed about my one friend, and he said "I really care about you, everything you feel, I feel too. I am so sorry you're going through this. I wish there was something I could do." Then he shows up at my house unexpectedly to see how I am. So, I don't know. Does it sound like a guy who is shy? Or is he just scared of women? Or is he BSing me? What do you think? Does he want to date me?

Last edited by PolarOpposite; 05-09-2015 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 08:12 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
I would run away, very fast, from someone who only says they want to be with me when they are drunk. Imagine how it would be if you were really with someone so black and white. Recipe for disaster IMO

Old 05-09-2015, 08:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
The real question is do you want to date him?

Old 05-09-2015, 09:00 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
How old are you guys?

Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Check past posts of this person AND brunettebabe1005 (same person)

Old 05-10-2015, 07:45 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Everything a man says is a lie. Only what he does is the truth.

If you dont want to date a drunk, then what difference does it make.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:28 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I would run away, very fast, from someone who only says they want to be with me when they are drunk. Imagine how it would be if you were really with someone so black and white. Recipe for disaster IMO

Indeed...don't trust anyone who cannot hold their booze.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:21 PM

373 posts, read 482,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post
Hi everyone! So, I am talking to this guy, and we became close. Whenever he's drunk, he always says he wants to date me, but when he's sober he's just normal with me. Also, when he's drunk he says "If any guy has sex with you, they're done." He says that a lot, and he grabs and touches my hand a lot. When he was drunk, he said to me "Ashley I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to date you." I say "Ok." Because I always think he's gonna forget the next day, and then he's like "No, you won't. You won't date me. You won't be my girlfriend." I said "Yeah I will." he said "No, you won't go out with me."

Then another time he said to my friend in front of me "I would date Ashley in two seconds, she's a really good girl." He always somehow, mentions dating with me when he's drunk, but when he's sober he acts normal, and friendly with me. He doesn't act flirty, and he even says to me when he's sober "I am done with dating. I don't believe in love, I got hurt way too many times, and I was in love, and I am scared of women because of it." When he's sober he pretty much says he'll never date anyone, so it confuses me. A lot of people say he really likes me, and I was upset and depressed about my one friend, and he said "I really care about you, everything you feel, I feel too. I am so sorry you're going through this. I wish there was something I could do." Then he shows up at my house unexpectedly to see how I am. So, I don't know. Does it sound like a guy who is shy? Or is he just scared of women? Or is he BSing me? What do you think? Does he want to date me?
He is gaming you.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
If you have to ask the answer is usually NO.

You should really focus on something besides finding a date or finding out if someone wants to date you.

In my experience when I was dating, if someone wanted to date me they asked me. They didn't play games or mince words. They asked me if I would like to go out, it is that simple.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:03 PM

64 posts, read 56,614 times
Try to kiss him when he's not drunk.
The way he will react if you do that will be the real answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships