Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,467 times

Advertisements

Theirs this girl I really like. Were kinda friends and I talk to her and compliment her often. She knows I like her. Any ideas on what to say to her? Im pretty new at this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Stop complimenting her. But show interest in her by finding out what her likes and dislikes are. Being a good listener and enjoying what she has to say will please her. Women don't want their special guy to be only smitten by their looks. They also want their guy to love the person they are within. And you don't want to put her on some pedestal. You want both of you to feel comfortable around each other, like being two peas in a pod.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:20 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,547 times
Yeah take her off a pedestal. Stop thinking of her as your 'special girl' because maybe she doesn't feel the same way about you. Just be cool with her, keep it very very real, and don't make her out to be something she isn't. Oh, and never fall in love. At least not until she does first

Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 AM

27,360 posts, read 27,413,147 times
First of all, dont go jumping the gun. Keep it simple and casual, If you fall in love and start getting too pushy or clingy, she's going to run the other direction. If she feels any affection for you, she'll eventually show it. But again, dont get dillusions of granduer until she shows signs of anything further than just friendship. Either it will happen or not, but at least you are prepared if she isnt interested in anything further.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:18 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rkus View Post
Theirs this girl I really like. Were kinda friends and I talk to her and compliment her often. She knows I like her. Any ideas on what to say to her? Im pretty new at this.
Ask her questions about herself (not creepy or too personal, but more along the lines of "what's your favorite food?" or "do you like winter or summer better?") People love to talk about themselves. Also, ask her advice about something, or ask her for a small favor. "Would you help me pick out a birthday card for my sister?"

Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,694,417 times
"Is there that much trouble in Heaven? I bet it, since an angel has come down to Earth"

Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,908,656 times
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?"

You probably have no idea what I'm on about Markus. It's a Doors song.

Just be yourself, enjoy her company, let things evolve naturally.
No need to be making grand statements.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,764,136 times
And if that doesn't work; date someone else. My hubby and I were best friends for a year. He wanted to date, I didn't. So we remained best friends. Hubby got tired of waiting around and started dating. That is when I got jealous realized DOH! I loved him.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 AM

545 posts, read 2,044,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rkus View Post
REPLY: Continue to pay compliments , but dont overdo it otherwise she might look upon you as being desperate in some way. Whatever you say or do for her, be sure its genuine and just be a good friend to her. She will appreciate it alot.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,841,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

"Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?"
It's a Doors song.
If you get a favorable response with that, go on to the second line of the song.

"Hello, I love you, Let me jump in your game."

But, chances are, since you're not Jim Morrison, she will probably kick you in the nuts.

Then you are back to square one and the rest of the song will become real personal.

"She holds her head so high
Like a statue in the sky
Her arms are wicked and her legs are long
When she moves my brain screams out this song

Sidewalk crouches at her feet
Like a dog that begs for something sweet
Do you hope to make her see you fool ?
Do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel ?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships