Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 AM

358 posts, read 229,399 times

Advertisements

Always wondered this.

I am average size, and could never date or sleep with a large woman. They just turn me off sexually. Nothing wrong for the people who are turned on by it.

If by chance I became really fat and attractive normal size women stop entertaining me, I am wondering what I would do and how my mindset would change. How would I cope with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 04:12 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
You know that most women self-identify as overweight even though to the average male they would be considered perfectly average.

Also, perhaps by then you will discover that there are more important things than looks.

Something to think about.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
You know that most women self-identify as overweight even though to the average male they would be considered perfectly average.

Also, perhaps by then you will discover that there are more important things than looks.

Something to think about.
Ive been well past looks for some years now.

HOWEVER, that simply means a woman does not have to be attractive. I am perfectly fine with an average looking woman.

Almost every normal - above average looking person has a floor of acceptable looks. I doubt most normal to attractive women would date a one eyed midget. I am sure most normal to attractive men would not date an extremely overweight woman.

Sex is important in a relationship. I personally would not want to have intercourse with a woman that turned me off. I would not even be able to get aroused.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:53 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post

Sex is important in a relationship. I personally would not want to have intercourse with a woman that turned me off. I would not even be able to get aroused.
I guess you better start batting for the other team then lol

Old 07-01-2015, 05:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Always wondered this.

I am average size, and could never date or sleep with a large woman. They just turn me off sexually. Nothing wrong for the people who are turned on by it.

If by chance I became really fat and attractive normal size women stop entertaining me, I am wondering what I would do and how my mindset would change. How would I cope with this?
Are you sure? Most women believe they're fat, even if they aren't, and most men think they aren't fat, even if they are.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:25 AM

324 posts, read 407,765 times
Quote:
I am sure most normal to attractive men would not date an extremely overweight woman.

Can you define extremely overweight? Size 12, 14, 16 or 18? above 150 lbs, 200 lbs or 250 lbs? I am curious because people have different definitions of overweight.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Ive been well past looks for some years now.

HOWEVER, that simply means a woman does not have to be attractive. I am perfectly fine with an average looking woman.

Almost every normal - above average looking person has a floor of acceptable looks. I doubt most normal to attractive women would date a one eyed midget. I am sure most normal to attractive men would not date an extremely overweight woman.

Please leave my private parts out of this discussion...

Old 07-01-2015, 05:38 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I'm a fat guy. My philosophy; take whatever you can get, to a point. I know damn well I can't get a supermodel, but I'm not going to date if the only person who will even consider dating me looks like Honey Boo Boos mama.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:35 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Always wondered this.

If this worries you why not take stock of your current condition, identify areas where there is room for improvement, then set about improving yourself? Tweak your diet. Find a type of exercise you enjoy. You can worry about becoming really fat "by chance" or you can proactively decide to prevent that by raising he bar for yourself.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If this worries you why not take stock of your current condition, identify areas where there is room for improvement, then set about improving yourself? Tweak your diet. Find a type of exercise you enjoy. You can worry about becoming really fat "by chance" or you can proactively decide to prevent that by raising he bar for yourself.
I am not worrying about myself becoming overweight. I am fairly active his basketball and tennis.

This is more of a hypothetical scenario and how other men in the that boat think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships