Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post

And can someone please explain to me what "thick" is. Is this new term for overweight that is supposed to be less offensive or something? When I read it, I always think "thick in the head."
It's a cultural euphemism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 09:17 AM

358 posts, read 229,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Did you know according to the numbers you gave, by your own BMI you are overweight.

Of course, I personally think BMI can be a load of hogwash (especially if you have muscle). But I wanted to point out that technically you are overweight. So the question you are asking is happening now... how does that effect women's attraction to you now? Probably not much I reckon (I think a lot of women tend to be more forgiving of a man's).

And can someone please explain to me what "thick" is. Is this new term for overweight that is supposed to be less offensive or something? When I read it, I always think "thick in the head."
When I said overweight I meant fat. Just a nicer way of wording it I suppose.

Wait a minute ill see if I can point you in the right direction to know the difference between thick and fat.

Thick

Surflady-nubia.jpg Photo by SurfDUI | Photobucket

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b45121c624.jpg

http://cdn.niketalk.com/6/62/350x700...s7eafa4b9.jpeg

Fat

http://i7.tagstat.com/p1/p/Hd2hLP9RN...oARORZkA==.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...e10f191568.jpg

http://images-ff.asos-media.com/shmo...10b44a201.jpeg

Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
Okay, so thick = overweight and fat= obese. Guess I am just old and stubborn with my language, lol. Thanks for the visual reference. It helps.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Yes sometimes people can get confused with physical descriptions.

Pictures work the best.

People can think of overweight as being obese as well.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Yes sometimes people can get confused with physical descriptions.

Pictures work the best.

People can think of overweight as being obese as well.
I don't really see how any of this matters. Different people find different people attractive. You don't have to understand why someone finds someone attractive.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't really see how any of this matters. Different people find different people attractive. You don't have to understand why someone finds someone attractive.
Of course not everyone is the same. However, most men will generally find the same women attractive.

Not sure ive ever heard a man who thinks Jessica Alba is unattractive. Havent known any men to think Rosie Odonell was attractive.

I am curious as to whether obese men actually find obese women physically attractive and how do they go about dating.

For example if I were obese, there would be no way I could be attracted to an obese woman. I would most likely target slightly ugly women with normal figures.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
So is the whole purpose of your thread to bash obesity?

That's fresh and novel.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Of course not everyone is the same. However, most men will generally find the same women attractive.

Not sure ive ever heard a man who thinks Jessica Alba is unattractive. Havent known any men to think Rosie Odonell was attractive.

I am curious as to whether obese men actually find obese women physically attractive and how do they go about dating.

For example if I were obese, there would be no way I could be attracted to an obese woman. I would most likely target slightly ugly women with normal figures.
Then what does it matter? My grandfather loved obese women. I have a friend that is on the larger the side that likes thinner women. My friends and I all had different taste in men.

And not finding Jessica Alba unattractive is not the same thing as all men actually being attracted to Jessica Alba. Attraction is a funny thing. And it's different for everyone.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Then what does it matter? My grandfather loved obese women. I have a friend that is on the larger the side that likes thinner women. My friends and I all had different taste in men.

And not finding Jessica Alba unattractive is not the same thing as all men actually being attracted to Jessica Alba. Attraction is a funny thing. And it's different for everyone.
Id wager the men being attracted to obese woman being vastly inferior to men not being attracted to obese women.

You can safely say that most men are attracted to this

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...rina-shayk.jpg

And most men are not attracted to this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hkxFVjmrasY/hqdefault.jpg

Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 AM

745 posts, read 801,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
So is the whole purpose of your thread to bash obesity?

That's fresh and novel.
Yeah, i'm wondering at this point what the hell the point of this is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships