Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 05:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Well I had gone out on a date with a very well dressed, highly attractive, intelligent, and well to do female who lives in one of the hippest parts of the city whom I had met online. In truth, while conversing with her I couldn't imagine why she needed an online profile, much less stated that she found dating overall to be difficult. I thought she was a real catch. Come to find out that none of her first dates she had met online had ever turned into second dates. Myself included.
Did you ask her for a second date and she turned you down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 05:21 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,099 times
Quote:
Did you ask her for a second date and she turned you down?
Yes pretty much, but even before we met she told me that she hated first dates because they never seem to go well. Sorta a nice way to start a relationship right? During dinner she told me she had connected with 4 or 5 other dudes online but she just wasn't feeling them for whatever reason.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:32 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
baggage
tons and tons of baggage...this includes debt, personality issues, crazy ex's, multiple kids, desperate need of financial support

hot women who are the entire package DO NOT need on line dating

Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
Another reason, women go online, is because many men don't ask them out anymore. People have all these activities, and go out, but no one goes out to meet people anymore, so online dating becomes a must. I have even gone to singles events and happy hours, and we spend more time chatting, instead of making a connection or making plans to talk afterwards. Meeting people in person has seem to become a lost art these days.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:42 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
You meet a person at a bar who likes how you look and you feel the same about them. You engage in light conversation with them. You agree to a date after some light banter. You go on a date with him and you find out that you disagree on pretty much every issue that is important to you. Lotsa time wasted, ya know?

You go online. On most dating sites you can see political affiliation, major interests, core values, key hangups, etc. 5 minutes later you jump to another likely looking profile if the first doesn't please you. Very little time wasted.

Kapish?
All of this.

Online dating is a fantastic tool that is great for weeding out non-matches and finding compatible matches, with little time wasted getting to know people you're incompatible with. It worked great for me.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:50 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Another reason, women go online, is because many men don't ask them out anymore. People have all these activities, and go out, but no one goes out to meet people anymore, so online dating becomes a must. I have even gone to singles events and happy hours, and we spend more time chatting, instead of making a connection or making plans to talk afterwards. Meeting people in person has seem to become a lost art these days.
There is a lot of truth to this. I have friends who won't even ask a woman out at all unless she's online--mainly because they don't know of she's single or not. Although it seems silly to go to singles events and not ask women out... then again, the ones in my area tend to fill up with women first and then they need men only. So unless a guy is going to ask out more than one woman at those things, several women are walking home empty handed so to speak.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:51 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
More options. Why limit yourself to just off-line encounters?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:54 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I hate the sigma towards OLD.Not everyone on there is crazy or ugly.
Yeah, but there is a lot of that online. I think that's why there is the reputation. And it doesn't take a lot for a few crazies to scare the normal ones away. It's like a fart in an elevator--just takes one to make the others scatter.

Despite my objections and hatred of online dating, I have to confess I actually found someone online recently. We've only been dating the past few weeks. But I found someone good looking, kind and considerate, mentally stable, financially stable, who seems to have a similar sense of humor and very similar interests, and who seems to think I am a great catch too (said it was great to meet a "normal" person like me after meeting a lot of nuts, alcoholics, and people eager to get married after date #1... although I am not sure how normal I really am, lol).

Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM

21 posts, read 20,045 times
They do it to get ATTENTION. That's the ONLY reason

Old 07-06-2015, 08:31 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrcia View Post
They do it to get ATTENTION. That's the ONLY reason
Wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships