Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 06:21 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ice cream!! Where do you usually go for that? A McIce Cream place, like Baskin-Robbins, or a local shop that makes their own or sells some kind of higher-end ice cream? (Pardon my digression...)
We have a few froyo places in my town where you can create your own mixing and there's a mexican ice cream shop in town that makes the best ice cream I've ever had. There's quite a few places actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 06:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post

edit: read that post by ATG -- see what he's doing there -- packs in a bunch of things, and in a non-quotidian setting. This is how you do it.
Thank you.

The very nature of getting froyo is fun, engaging, and can lead to opportunities to flirt and all that fun stuff.

"Geez, how many toppings are you going to get!?"
"OMG, you're going to get that flavor!?"
"Hey, don't knock it until you try it! C'mon, try it..."

And then she either offers to put her spoon in your mouth or willingly puts yours in hers. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

And for the cost conscious folk, it's relatively cheap. Parking is free, happy hour sushi is cheap, froyo is like 10$ total, and Mona Lisa has free entry all night.

I should write a book on this.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:30 PM

37 posts, read 30,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Anybody who actually complains their way through a first date (or any date) is behaving ridiculously and socially inappropriately.
I agree, and you know how picky of eaters many small children are. I've never seen any complain who came in with their parents and sat out on the balcony overlooking the lake in the family room.

It pleases even the most picky of eaters, so what was the problem?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
We have a few froyo places in my town where you can create your own mixing and there's a mexican ice cream shop in town that makes the best ice cream I've ever had. There's quite a few places actually.
We have quite a few old fashioned ice cream and soda shops as well. You need to try Mexican cinnamon fried ice cream.....!!!

With fresh honey on a cinnamon coated tortilla.....kinda like a hard elephant ear.... Really good!!

Old 07-05-2015, 06:30 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Guy:You seems wicked cool
Me:wicked cool? Lol
Guy:Yep
Me:Thank you
Guy: Do you want to meet up on Tuesday?
Me:Sure, How about we meet up for coffee ?
Few minutes later
Guy:You don't like me?
Me: I do
Guy: When people really like each don't go on coffee dates
Me:Oh

Old 07-05-2015, 06:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Guy:You seems wicked cool
Me:wicked cool? Lol
Guy:Yep
Me:Thank you
Guy: Do you want to meet up on Tuesday?
Me:Sure, How about we meet up for coffee ?
Few minutes later
Guy:You don't like me?
Me: I do
Guy: When people really like each don't go on coffee dates
Me:Oh
Since when.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:36 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Edge View Post
I agree, and you know how picky of eaters many small children are. I've never seen any complain who came in with their parents and sat out on the balcony overlooking the lake in the family room.

It pleases even the most picky of eaters, so what was the problem?!

We have quite a few old fashioned ice cream and soda shops as well. You need to try Mexican cinnamon fried ice cream.....!!!

With fresh honey on a cinnamon coated tortilla.....kinda like a hard elephant ear.... Really good!!

You're talking about sopapillas, and there's only one restaurant in my town that does them right. They come out like a triangular puff pastry with a raspberry reduction. The rest of the food there isn't bad, but those sopapillas are on point. I work with a woman who's family is from Honduras, so her and I eat authentic mexican often around town. We went out and had fried cream cheese plantans about a month ago. Her and I just went out and had some really good sushi on Friday night.

One of our favorite places to go together is a hole in the wall papusa restaurant. This place makes the best pickled cabbage add on for the papusas that I've ever tasted. It's sour yet quite spicy. The place makes really good horchata too. I actually have a thing for mexican women, but they don't have a tendency to date outside their race. I love the food that the make. Same for Vietnamese and Thai, even though I'm not as attracted to those women.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:46 PM

37 posts, read 30,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
You're talking about sopapillas, and there's only one restaurant in my town that does them right. They come out like a triangular puff pastry with a raspberry reduction. The rest of the food there isn't bad, but those sopapillas are on point. I work with a woman who's family is from Honduras, so her and I eat authentic mexican often around town. We went out and had fried cream cheese plantans about a month ago. Her and I just went out and had some really good sushi on Friday night.

One of our favorite places to go together is a hole in the wall papusa restaurant. This place makes the best pickled cabbage add on for the papusas that I've ever tasted. It's sour yet quite spicy. The place makes really good horchata too. I actually have a thing for mexican women, but they don't have a tendency to date outside their race. I love the food that the make. Same for Vietnamese and Thai, even though I'm not as attracted to those women.
When you have so many options that cost less than twenty bucks, why limit yourself to a .89 cent - $1.30 cup of coffee? I don't see a reason and I get to enjoy my evening whether it works out or not. I'm a big eater and always have been. I'm weeding out women who don't eat and pick.....then starve beforehand!

Old 07-05-2015, 06:48 PM

106 posts, read 87,810 times
They're boring.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:52 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Anybody who actually complains their way through a first date (or any date) is behaving ridiculously and socially inappropriately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Since when.
Guy yea
Me:Well I like you and we can do something else
Guy Yea I rather go for a lunch date
Me:Sure,where do you want to go?
Guy:Applebee's
Me sure
Guy: I can't wait Sweetie pie.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Guy yea
Me:Well I like you and we can do something else
Guy Yea I rather go for a lunch date
Me:Sure,where do you want to go?
Guy:Applebee's
Me sure
Guy: I can't wait Sweetie pie.
There you go. Good luck!

/End thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships