Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmsgq7 View Post
At this point friends are telling me I'll ruin my life if I continue to think about her.
You are. Your drama factor is off the charts. That's why you need to get a grip.

The worst kinds of manipulators can come from "good families." It doesn't really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 02:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
I know what you think, but she did have a good heart somewhere in there. If not as my sis said who's got alot of experience she did a damn good job of tricking you. I come from a very respected good family. At this point friends are telling me I'll ruin my life if I continue to think about her.
That's EXACTLY what women say about their abusive partners! Stockholm syndrome, OP. Get help.

Some of your posts sound like you're thinking of this as if it were a legit relationship. "We could have made it work", etc. Truth: you were in a fake relationship. She was playing you. And she's a severely damaged and manipulative person. It was all an illusion, but you're hooked into it as if it had been real. The whole thing has messed with your mind in a major way. Try to recognize that fact.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:10 AM

61 posts, read 43,264 times
Far from a manipulator. You're not really providing anything instructive with all due respect. Please re-read my earlier or first posts to understand where I am.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 AM

Wow... Okay thinking of it that way. AND IF that is really true. All that love, the three years, weren't love at all. Then that's enough fuel to not care about that person any longer. Truth is I have knock on wood felt really good these past few days. But mornings are the worst when waking up. I used to fall asleep at her place all the time. We were all about cuddling and falling asleep together. So maybe that's why. I still can't fathom why she chose to try to destroy my character then literally just went no contact. She basically kicked me while I was down, wanted to destroy me. She succeeded for a month, but enough is enough. FYI I am seeing another women now.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:13 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
How do you have PTSD over it? Be a freaking man and sack up son..... Move on, this chick was crazy.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Far from a manipulator. You're not really providing anything instructive with all due respect. Please re-read my earlier or first posts to understand where I am.
Trust me, you are in no place to judge.

You made a bad choice, and now you're suffering the consequences. You'll get over it.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:48 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Quote:
I am seeing another women now.
Wow. You are nowhere near ready. This will not end well for the woman you are seeing now.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:25 AM

Agreed. I took a step back, slowing down this relation with this new girl.

A few things have come to me since creating this post.

1. Having a conversation with a female online isn't exactly cheating. Emotional cheating is when yo have an emotional connection. "Hello how are you" is not emotion cheating. Does it ****ing suck and rank high in hurtful yes.

2. She unnecessarily treated me like **** and put me through hell. She was not understanding nor supportive. She was not a good candidate for a healthy relationship with a healthy person.

3. Her going NC is the biggest blessing I could ask for.

I feel great, I'm happy again, confident, working hard, working out, new lease on life! New chapter! Her physical image and sex, drama, drew me in at one point but at my age it's not what I need in a life partner. I just wanted to thank everyone for there feedback. Loving this will forum and will continue to use it.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:

1. Having a conversation with a female online isn't exactly cheating.
A "female" what?

Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 PM

100 posts, read 164,762 times
I would consider speaking to some random chick online as emotional cheating, unless that chick had already been discussed as a platonic friend in a previous discussion.

It sounds like you need to see a therapist. Judging by your posts(they're all over the place, btw), you're definitely suffering and in need of some help.

When I see one of my buddies go down this route, I do a few things for him.

1. Get him back on the train
2. Do a bunch of hobbies/guy stuff to help him find himself again.

Life is short and they're plenty of females out there. The thing is they won't want to be with some dude who is not happy with himself. Find your happy place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships