Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Men rarely blame our behavior on testosterone while some women do use PMS as an excuse.

I always remind my wife that PMS is no excuse for getting snippy and that she should take ownership of her behavior. Its no different for any other time that I or my wife are in a bad mood for whatever reason. Its no excuse. I sometimes get in a mood after a tough day at work. So I tell her and go out for a walk to decompress.
Uh yes it is, often women don't even remember acting in a certain way. Some simple task are horrible to even try during emotional times.

A hard day at work is of course bad but imagine it 10x elevated with up and down emotions.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Men rarely blame our behavior on testosterone...

ROFL

Ever heard of a "man cave"? Or "low T"? And Tim Allen had a whole hit TV series based on it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How do you recommend we deal with men's testosterone, which is 365 days a year, 24/7?

Then follow your own advice.
**drops mike**

Old 07-21-2015, 08:07 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Send her to the red tent.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep_Zero View Post
Ok I know ive posted some off stuff lately but I came across something, it had to be something small I was missing and here it is my girlfriend was actually on her period which is why she was acting weird lately. Its awful she gets pretty snippy at small stuff. The way I found out was kinda awkward tho , when she took me out for my birthday , we went skating she didn't want to do it at first but she did anyway , shed rather sit down tho and have her shoes off I noticed her feet were swollen lol. when she smelled cotton candy you better believe I had to get it, but the funny part is while she was eating it she didn't offer to share so before she put the piece in her mouth I ate it out of her hand and she got extremely upset ,like ive never seen this before she force fed more into my mouth and said you better finish it I was laughing so I didn't take it serious. it didn't end there though literally a few seconds after she heard a song she immediately stopped being mad and initiated dancing I was so confused at how moods can switch so quickly. then soon after shes done she starts getting sad about her stomach out of nowhere and I try to touch her stomach and say its fine babe and comfort her but got slapped lol. it was a weird evening for me but it didn't ruin the birthday I never had to deal with that any guys who have similar gf/wife that gets aggressive during this period lol

What do you do to prepare for this?
It's called "foxhole time."

Seriously, though, don't try to blame her cycle for her actions. In this and your other posts, she just sounds like a typical immature 19-year-old girl to me.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
ROFL

Ever heard of a "man cave"? Or "low T"? And Tim Allen had a whole hit TV series based on it!!

**drops mike**
You tell him ladies.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Very carefully!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How do you recommend we deal with men's testosterone, which is 365 days a year, 24/7?

Then follow your own advice.
Which makes it consistent and thus not an issue

Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,445,220 times
I usually make sure I'm working night shift during that week. j/k
It's never really been a big deal to me. After growing up with two sisters I saw pretty much every mood so I learned to just go with the flow (no pun intended).

Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Uh yes it is, often women don't even remember acting in a certain way. Some simple task are horrible to even try during emotional times.

A hard day at work is of course bad but imagine it 10x elevated with up and down emotions.
Understood.. my wife said the same during one of our discussions.

I have a history of depression and anxiety that triggers stark periods of aggression and withdrawing. Is it an excuse? I've managed it very well for many years sans medication. Part of my progress is refusing to accept it as an excuse.

So yes I can imagine.... imagine trying to come up with a reason to excuse yourself from a heated debate at work while emotions are swinging like crazy.... when all you see is red. When you bite down on your tongue so hard that you can taste blood. Then having to figure out how to get back to a better state of mind just so you can finish the day and concentrate. When you finally get to a better state, you spend effort trying to not bring attention to the fact that you don't want to, not willing to, and simply cannot entertain any conversation with anyone in the office... because you physically/emotionally drained.

Just because I'm male doesn't mean we don't have to deal with emotions too..... and its still no excuse.

My wife and I pride ourselves that we are equals in our relationship. You can't be equal if you blame PMS rather than address. She knows when I need time to myself. i know when she needs time to her self. We don't shy away from telling each other directly.

To the OP, don't let PMS become an excuse (or you use it as an excuse). Both people in a relationship should take ownership of their behaviors and work together to help manage them. It is an opportunity to learn your emotional needs as well as hers.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
It's pretty simple: keep your own little calendar, so you know when it's coming. Then, either make yourself scarce, or ride it out thusly:
1. Have on hand some PMS Crunch, which is a melange of sweet and salty snacks. My personal favorites are raisinettes, cheeze nips, and jalapeno pretzel pieces. The Mr. is considerate enough to track down the non dairy versions for me.
2. Let her win all arguments
3. Tell her how thin she looks, especially if she has a tendency to bloat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships