Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 11:06 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Like what? She may consider you bf / future husband material, unlike all of the losers she gave it up to on first date? Ive seen this exact scenario play out dozens of time in real life. A woman makes a good guy wait for months, because she doesnt want him to think she's easy (not to mention she sets the stage for sex to be used as a reward), but gives it up to bad boys and losers when she knows nothing else will come of it - sometimes all at the same time. Its a really screwed up way to behave and rationalize your own bad choices.
Interesting that you just clarified that the men women have sex with on the first date are losers. Did you mean to call yourself that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 11:18 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Like what? She may consider you bf / future husband material, unlike all of the losers she gave it up to on first date? Ive seen this exact scenario play out dozens of time in real life. A woman makes a good guy wait for months, because she doesnt want him to think she's easy (not to mention she sets the stage for sex to be used as a reward), but gives it up to bad boys and losers when she knows nothing else will come of it - sometimes all at the same time. Its a really screwed up way to behave and rationalize your own bad choices.
I'm newly single after a 20 year marriage, dude, and I haven't been involved with anyone in that time. What you describe is not how I operate, nor has it ever been. If I've gone out with a guy a few times, it's because I really like HIM, and I'm not interested in dating anyone else. I'm very particular, I have always taken my time when it comes to relationships, and I tend to be a one-man woman. I want to make ONE guy happy.

More importantly, I'm immensely glad that I've been smart. Never once have I thought to myself, "oh, damn! I'm SOOOO bummed I didn't have sex with so-and-so, who turned out to be a __________________ (fill in the blank)! He's the one that got away!" Nope. Never.

My good sense has served me very well, thus far, too. I don't carry around all the anger and bitterness and resentment and deep sadness that many people, women and men, do, unfortunately. But, thank you, nonetheless, for your lesson. You probably thought I needed to be set straight. I don't.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 07-31-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 11:20 AM

321 posts, read 292,747 times
Quote:

This. Sex should not be a reward. It shouldn't be something that is earned.

It should be something two people that are attracted to each other do for pleasure, sometimes just physical, sometimes emotional and physical. It is a way of connecting with another person.

And I'm no dope, if they aren't sleeping with me, I know they're sleeping with someone. I don't date, nor am I attracted to people, that don't like having sex and avoid having sex.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:26 AM

76 posts, read 66,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkneebone View Post
i just started seeing this wonderful guy a week ago we chatted online for alittle while before we actually met in person.I didnt have sex with him the first night but we both wanted to we were attracted right away. He is a perfect gentlemen opens the car door for me treats me with respect he is fun to be around we laughi just really like him a lot. So my question here is was it wrong to sleep with him on the second date, oh he is 53 i am 45 we are 2 consenting adults. whats your opinion on this?
Does it really matter how long you wait before having sex? I don't think its important once both of you wants to do it then there is no problem there.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 AM

745 posts, read 801,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I vote for VanHalen and Mustelid to start dating each other since they have the same standards that apparently no woman on the planet can adequately meet!
Finding adequate dates has not been a problem...

Old 07-31-2015, 11:30 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Interesting that you just clarified that the men women have sex with on the first date are losers. Did you mean to call yourself that?
I think you have the cause-effect relationship a little messed up there.
I didnt call anyone a loser for sleeping on a first date. I said losers get laid right away, because they are not relationship material. Thats screwed up.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm newly single after a 20 year marriage, dude, and I haven't been involved with anyone in that time. What you describe is not how I operate, nor has it ever been. I'm very particular, and I have always taken my time when it comes to relationships. More importantly, I'm immensely glad about that. Never once have I thought to myself, "oh, damn! I'm SOOOO bummed I didn't have sex with so-and-so, who turned out to be a __________________ (fill in the blank)! He's the one that got away!" Nope. Never.

My good sense has served me very well, thus far, too. I don't carry around all the anger and bitterness and resentment and deep sadness that many people, women and men, do, unfortunately. But, thank you, nonetheless, for your lesson. You probably thought I needed to be set straight. I don't.
Well, hate to break it to you, but there are 8 billion people on this planet, that arent you. Not that I buy your story. Hope this helps.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Well, hate to break it to you, but there are 8 billion people on this planet, that arent you. Not that I buy your story. Hope this helps.

And yet, although there are 8 billion people on this planet, you chose to direct your post at me.

You can believe whatever you choose to believe or disbelieve. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. But, truthfully, you always sound SO angry and bitter in your posts. Relentlessly. Life is way too short to carry around all of that baggage. Do yourself a huge favor and lose it. Hope this helps.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:07 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Couldn't rep you again, Moon. Can I call you that?
You sure can!

Old 07-31-2015, 06:13 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
It's not about control, it's about adhering to societal norms, which, in the 21st century involve giving it up after a few dates... no one is forcing you to do anything, get that straight...

No, you think that you're norms have become the norms for everyone in society, but you're still wrong.

So somehow you are damaged by having sex with a guy after a few dates? Explain this logic...
We're not going to bother to explain it to you, because you clearly don't understand how women work. You want women to be exactly like men - ie apparently sexual robots who only care about having their sexual needs and standards met in an arbitrary length of time.

Here's a clue: We're not like that. At least most of us, anyway.

Last edited by MoonBeam33; 07-31-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships