Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 10:23 AM

596 posts, read 627,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
That's probably easier for a woman who sleeps with plenty of men, but for women who don't sleep around that much, not so easy to just be like "oh well, who cares that I just got treated like crap".

Quote:
I don't think sleeping with a guy after a month of dating him warrants saying she's a woman who sleeps around (I know you said "usually", but no)...

As for him not trying to be a jerk, or his reasoning behind it who cares, it's not like he tried to make it up to her, or even called her on the phone to sincerely apologize for his behavior, he sent measly text, which doesn't quite cut it after you've treated a woman like crap.
Whoa whoa whoa, I was responding to your clever statement, not the OP. As you put it, it's probably harder for a woman who doesn't sleep around to forgive and forget, I'm only pointing out that women who don't sleep around aren't usually going to do it within a month of knowing someone. It's a broad generalization but a rather accurate one from a logistical stand point.

I just don't think your previous statement is a fair one to make.

And I'm not surprised he didn't reach out, I imagine he feels humiliated over his short start and finish time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 10:24 AM

56 posts, read 106,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I would agree with you if it was a one night stand or a fun buddy, maybe even a FWB type deal although that would be pushing it because even then they are supposed to be friends.

But she has been dating this this guy for real like for a month. They finally take the next step forward in their relationship... She gets out of bed to go to the bathroom... Is gone for "less than a few minutes"'(her words)... And the guy she just vetted before sleeping with has jumped out of bed, gotten fully dressed, and is standing by the bed having laid out all her clothes as if to say "okay, you can leave now"' IN THE TIME IT TOOK HER TO PEE. Lord.

Dude. How do you not feel like a piece of meat? That's what you do to a hooker. LOL. Not someone you've dated for a month.
These were my thoughts. I enjoyed spending time with this person and was looking forward to the next stage (the physical part), so yes, I'm surprised and disappointed with how things unfolded this past weekend. I hadn't been with anyone for several years prior to this because I hadn't met anyone I wanted to have a relationship with, so that is adding to the overall feelings of disappointment and "hurt" that I feel.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:25 AM

596 posts, read 627,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I can see some reasons for this kind of thing like if one or both of you were a smoker and going outside to smoke for instance.

But the more likely thing in my opinion is that he lost it after 5 minutes, and was embarrassed about his "performance" (so many men are incredibly stupid about this) and figured it was all awkward then and laying about naked would just make it MORE awkward and you'd probably never want to have sex with him again. The weird smile was probably an awkward smile, and the apology was probably for being "bad" in bed. He probably figured you went to the bathroom to get away from him before you laughed at his sheer lameness at sex.
This is how I see it. But the OP instantly assumed she was the issue when to me the keyword all along was he lasted 5 min.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Mod cut.

I just wish people would talk to each other and be clear on what is right and wrong with a relationship. I hate the games people play. Even if you're going to end things with someone, there are ways to explain it without coming off like a total jerk, and then at least the person maybe has some insights about themselves to work on for future relationships. It sucks when you can't get a clear answer out of someone and it leaves you feeling insecure and full of questions and hurt. I've definitely been treated like this, recently, and I hated it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-24-2015 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Old 08-24-2015, 10:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notafan View Post
These were my thoughts. I enjoyed spending time with this person and was looking forward to the next stage (the physical part), so yes, I'm surprised and disappointed with how things unfolded this past weekend. I hadn't been with anyone for several years prior to this because I hadn't met anyone I wanted to have a relationship with, so that is adding to the overall feelings of disappointment and "hurt" that I feel.
That's what I thought. Like I said, there is a WHOLE LOT MORE to this story.

You had a LOT of misplaced emotion attached to this encounter, and your (yes over-) reaction reflects that.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
So the OPs really out of practice. It takes a bit to get back in the saddle.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 AM

118 posts, read 95,600 times
I always throw my drawers back on, and sometimes a T shirt but am always game for removing them again quickly if the need arises.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:56 AM

56 posts, read 106,861 times
Quote:
Middle of the night, no less! Ha! what a class act.

Did he at least walk you to your car? (I think I already know the answer to this)
Ha, thanks, I know....

Reading the comments has been helpful if nothing else. It's interesting to hear people's views and while some have been off-base in their analysis of me (a stranger on the internet) and the situation, I still appreciate the feedback.

He walked me out of the building, but not to my car which was across the street. I think he only did this because of the way the building was set up so to speak. Thanks again for your comments, bebe.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:05 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Really?! Because half the posts here are about guys who won't go past date 1 without getting sex. Makes me think the only reason the guy was waiting was because he had 5 other women on the line at the same time, tiding him over until the OP was okay with it. Then he was on to the next.
So what? Don't go out with those guys.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's what I thought. Like I said, there is a WHOLE LOT MORE to this story.

You had a LOT of misplaced emotion attached to this encounter, and your (yes over-) reaction reflects that.

My thoughts as well.
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So the OPs really out of practice. It takes a bit to get back in the saddle.
Yep. Exactly. Always good to find out the entire context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships