Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:27 AM

19,756 posts, read 20,312,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
This.

I'm one who probably wouldn't be interested in dating someone much more than 10 years younger because we would simply be at different life stages, but someone 6-8 years younger? Definitely. In fact, I sometimes find men in their late 30s/early 40s to be much more together emotionally and financially than men in their late 40s/50s, which is the age group I'm "supposed" to be dating.
This, definitely. Though I'm mid 30s and totally hit it off w/ a guy in his late 20s. I used to think NO WAY IN HELL - but Life really pleasantly surprised me with this one.. + Plus it's pretty awesome there are no previous marriages, no kids and no baby mama drama to worry about either!!! Good times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:38 AM

20,419 posts, read 14,729,279 times
I'm 36 and won't consider anyone younger than me. In fact I much prefer men who are in their 40's, and I'm willing to go as far as 50's.

I'm not offended by their approaches though. And they do, particularly online. Seems no matter how I set my filters, young dudes show up in my searches, and they message me all the time. I'm only offended if they are excessively persistent. Generally speaking, they just want to get no strings sex.

The main reason I'm not interested, is that these younger ones either just want sex with no companionship or feels allowed, or they want a woman to start a family with (or help raise kids they already have.) I'm not looking for any of that. The dynamic I want, which is that we both live separately but get together to do fun things and there is love but no "playing house" going on...the only time I've seen people do this is when they are older. Done raising kids, retired or close to it, often divorced, just looking for a companion and not a Mommy but mature enough not to be terrified of attachment. Independent. Able to enjoy one another by choice, not necessity. My great aunt had a "friend" like this before they both died, for many many years. While she never gave any indication that sex was a part of that relationship, it might have been. It wasn't anyone's business. They traveled together, golfed together, he called her every night.

I just don't see a 20-something wanting anything like that, it seems like the kind of relationship only an older man could appreciate. I think, if anything, it's the young ones who are offended when I reject them.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:50 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
I'm 47 and also get approached by younger men. It doesn't offend me at all and if it were a man who had it together and we hit it off, I would date him...unless he was WAY younger. I think my cut off would be 10 years or so.

What's funny is when said younger man finds out that I'm a G'ma

Old 09-09-2015, 10:09 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,980,811 times
Just came back from a girls night out, and quite a few younger guys came and sat with us. Not offended in the least but all of us were taken so it's a non-issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-09-2015, 10:14 AM

11,401 posts, read 24,491,532 times
A few years younger and it's no big deal. If they're substantially younger I figure they just want to get laid.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 AM

50,996 posts, read 36,695,193 times
I'm flattered by it, why would any woman be offended by that?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,929,405 times
when I was 25 I was into cougars....35 to 45...most were flattered, many were good to go...only a few acted offended when I approached them

a couple were amazed that I was hitting on them...like I was after their money or it was a scam or something...no dear...I simply want to...er...you know...

Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,816,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
So you want to approach a cougar?
Yeah. Last time I did it was back in 2009. We lasted for a year and a half. I wanted more than sex, she didn't .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm flattered by it, why would any woman be offended by that?
Because they think that younger men just want sex . Its funny how that works. They never assume that when an older guy approaches them that it is all about sex. People stereotype too much.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:21 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,611,324 times
I prefer guys a little bit younger than me. I've noticed a lot of men in their 40s either letting themselves go, or they are too conservative and set in their ways for me. 33-39 is the sweet spot.

I've dated younger guys before but they were too immature. Sex, yes. Relationship, no.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:22 PM

20,419 posts, read 14,729,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
Yeah. Last time I did it was back in 2009. We lasted for a year and a half. I wanted more than sex, she didn't .

Because they think that younger men just want sex . Its funny how that works. They never assume that when an older guy approaches them that it is all about sex. People stereotype too much.
The logic is that if a younger guy wants more than just sex, he will want a woman who can give him children.

A woman in her 30's or 40's is often past that point where they are willing to make babies with ya, even if they are capable, they usually aren't interested at that age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships