Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times

Advertisements

Being healthy s some thing you should be doing for your self regardless .
All to often women loose weight, find a man get married, and then put it all back on again, and he feels deceived. and ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 07:04 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
find a chubby chaser.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:16 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy1629 View Post
I have to exercise more and eat healthier. I know that no man will look at me till I am at a perfect figure
"Perfect figure"? That's absurd. There are very few people out there that get "looked at" if that is the case. And if you are around a man who requires that, run!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 AM

277 posts, read 271,672 times
Men and women want partners who have a healthy looking body. So if you know you are overweight, you are on the right track to start thinking about losing weight.

I'd suggest to give up the idea of perfection though. Perfect is vague and subjective and not a good target. Better set measurable goals: 10 pounds, 20 pounds, size 8, size 6, etc. Also, if you think in terms of perfect it will never be enough: anorexics never reach perfection (in their mind) and almost kill themselves in the process.

Also, from what I've seen, not all men like the same. And body structure does not equal attractiveness. There are guys who are into super skinny, model type; there are some who like average-sized women, some like bigger girls, some like big breasts, some like tom-boys, etc. A great thing about this forum is that you'll notice how different we all are, how we all have such different values and standards, and that's wonderful! Read through this forum, read Reddit, you'll find at least someone you can relate to, which means that being an outsider is only in our mind.

Good luck with your goals! Don't hang around toxic people who bully you or try to make you feel bad. Surround yourself with positive people, and go hang out with them, go dancing, go to the beach, go to the spa - it's important to love yourself no matter what; how you look will change but what makes you YOU is there now and will be there when you are 20 pounds thinner, and it must be celebrated and loved. Hugs

Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,689 times
My figure is far from perfect. I am loved by a number of men, and women too. I am pretty sure they love me for who I am not what I look like.

Come to My Fitness Pal. It's free and you can get started on getting healthy, which will make you feel better about yourself. Gain some self esteem and self confidence which are what will really make you more attractive. Being loved has nothing to do with how much you weigh and everything to do with your overall personality and how you feel about yourself. Being thinner might help you to feel better about yourself which will make you a more attractive person.

If you don't love you why would you expect other people to do so?

Old 09-11-2015, 07:42 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
find a chubby chaser.
Comment in before that one guy who says he likes banging fat women but will never have a relationship with one tries to reassure her.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:53 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times
You don't need a perfect figure, but from the tone of your post, YOU don't love you... and no one else will if you can't learn to love yourself first (why should anyone love you if you don't).

Sounds like you have a self esteem and self image problem. Why not talk to your doctor or a nutritionist and get the ball rolling on weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
My figure is far from perfect. I am loved by a number of men, and women too. I am pretty sure they love me for who I am not what I look like.

Come to My Fitness Pal. It's free and you can get started on getting healthy, which will make you feel better about yourself. Gain some self esteem and self confidence which are what will really make you more attractive. Being loved has nothing to do with how much you weigh and everything to do with your overall personality and how you feel about yourself. Being thinner might help you to feel better about yourself which will make you a more attractive person.

If you don't love you why would you expect other people to do so?
Okay, first off, awesome name and I agree 100%. I am actually a pretty fit person myself (I run and swim as well as watch that I eat). I also use My Fitness Pal so I don't slide and start down the path of unhealthy eating and and such (I am over 40, so I have to stay on top of it because it's easier to put on weight now). My Fitness Pal is a great, and free, app.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
I work at a Walmart. You don't need to lose any weight because so many of the couples I see are chubby.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:10 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,278,383 times
Get a dog. They will love you unconditionally. Go to the adult store for your other "needs".

Seriously, men don't like women that lacks self esteem.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM

277 posts, read 271,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesenugget View Post
Get a dog. They will love you unconditionally. Go to the adult store for your other "needs".

Seriously, men don't like women that lacks self esteem.
Way to encourage someone who's trying to make a change for themselves! You telling her she lacks self esteem is not like discovering America- I'm sure she knows that already and is looking for some way to start doing something about it. How about throwing some useful/supportive to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships