Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 4,796 times

Advertisements

Tammy, YOU need to love YOU before anyone else can love you. You have some deep seeded issues that you really need to clear before you can hope to have a loving sustaining relationship. I have worked with lots of people in your shoes, and when they do the work necessary to tear down their barricades, they find their heart is 200% ready to love openly, honestly, and willingly. Right now it sounds like you are looking for a man to show you your worth, and this needs to come from within yourself. When it does, you are going to GLOW and emanate this beautiful radiance that men will naturally draw to like bears to honey!! <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:48 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy1629 View Post
I have to exercise more and eat healthier. I know that no man will look at me till I am at a perfect figure
Incorrect. I'm a BBW lover, and know there are other guys out there like me. I'm not into LTR's anymore, but I'm sure there are guys out there who are looking to settle down with larger women.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 PM

277 posts, read 271,672 times
So Tammy, where are you right now? Any progress since the initial post?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:06 PM

645 posts, read 835,822 times
A little overweight is alright. But being wayyyyyyyyyyy overweight, yes, you have to lose some to get any attention. Plus its not healthy as well.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:41 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,868 times
No one can become instantly physically fit.

But anyone CAN become an energetic, upwardly mobile, and constantly self-improving upbeat personality... Instantly!

When people think of unattractive "fat chicks" (no offense intended), the whole idea is about someone who is overweight, slovenly, and who is self-indulgent in her slovenliness.

On the other hand, a gal who is actively improving herself in mind and body with healthy excercize is thoroughly attractive to men.

Get yourself some nice work out clothes, practical rather than revealing in style, and go out for some vigorous walks to get the heart rate up and take in some fresh air. Enjoy getting out! Enjoy feeling your own energy!

You'll start to glow, inside and out. Yes, there will be extra body fat there for quite a while. Meanwhile as it diminishes, you'll come to feel your muscles at work and find a new sense of self.

Constantly striving, working, achieving -- You can radiate an inner glow. Men like that. A lot!

Picture a big gal, her face rosy from a five mile gentle hike, refreshed by the outdoors and happy from her achievement. Healthy men find that kind of 'persona'...appealing!

Kind of like the whole 'fat thing' gets pushed out of mind by the 'vigorous outdoor gal' thing.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:46 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
Two things:

1. GO to the gym, GET a better figure.

2. You're wrong about men, and if your general take on them is that they require perfection in order to love you, or even care about you, your war is lost before ever it really starts because it's not with men, it's with yourself.

Explanation for 1: Health and fitness are great things and they WILL build your self-esteem on some levels. From what I'm reading, that is as good a place as any to start. But it won't solve all your problems, not by a long shot. This isn't about men liking you, it's about you liking yourself. People hear it, sense it, read it. You're marking your own advertisement down left and right, telling the world you're defective. Who wants defective stuff?

Learn to appreciate who you are, what you are, what you do. Worry about you, and that other stuff will appear.

Explanation for 2: Men are no different than women, other than we generally have larger shoulders and scream more, in deeper tones. And pee standing up, but if women want to, hey -- go for it.

Women spend a LOT of time expressing what men "really" want, convincing themselves on our behalf, pointing out things societal and moral, seemingly at random.

Stop it. We think, we feel, we love, we wish and desire, we dream, we work, we pursue happiness, we make mistakes, we have grand victories, we overcome obstacles (or fail) -- all of the same stuff women do.

Stop telling us what we do and don't want. You would think me delusional if I started telling you what women really want, what they really think, because you'd know differently.

Your problem is feeling sorry for yourself and projecting that into (and onto) the world. It elicits pity, it elicits compassion and sorrow... but it also elicits disgust and disdain whether we wish to admit it or not.

I know, because I used to live there in Sorry-for-Myselfville. It's a crappy place. Pack up and move out of there.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Perfection is not necessary for love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships