Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:52 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times

Advertisements

Brantly, you said we were talking about PURELY PHYSICAL.

So apparently your Purely Physical isn't quite up to par.

So to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 09:53 PM

837 posts, read 753,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Well, whats the problem then?

I notice you skipped over my question about the grading of women being a major turnoff?

I had to do that because I was so curious whether I was only going for women above my league. My co workers confirmed my suspicions that I was not.

Just FYI, I look at women in a pretty simple way - "would date" or "would not date", I don't rate on numbers.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:54 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
I almost think you have done just fine 50 or so years ago, lol. Back then, having success like you do meant you would be able to find a woman pretty easily. Nowadays, that doesn't mean anything AS MUCH.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:54 PM

273 posts, read 240,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I never said that people want my job

I said that 99.9% of the world would slaughter somebody to live my quality of life while still being able to save 6+K a month after taxes. **** I can't even believe myself sometimes that I'm in this position.

I'm not saying that this should mean that I have dating success, I understand money means nothing in dating which is totally fine. I'm just saying that makes it very very hard for me to change my situation.
Sorry but you sound really annoying. Attractiveness includes personality and sorry but I would get tired of hearing you brag all the time about yourself.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I almost think you have done just fine 50 or so years ago, lol. Back then, having success like you do meant you would be able to find a woman pretty easily. Nowadays, that doesn't mean anything AS MUCH.

I agree 100%

and I'm okay with that, it's just tough for me to change my situation. I'm very happy to be where I'm at in all areas outside of dating.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I absolutely love my life, love it outside of dating

I'm a huge sports fan so I workout a lot, play in a football league, go to sports events
I love videogames
I love watching certain TV shows so I binge on shows like game of thrones and walking dead
I love food so I love going to different restaurants and grilling food myself
I love music and I'm always trying to broaden my horizons - listen to country, rock, metal, techno, rap, etc...
I love dogs so I love playing with my roommates' pitbull and training her to do different tricks and running with her
etc... etc....
You sound like a very average dude to me...nothing stands out as interesting or anything that would spark my interest if I were looking at you as someone I want to get to know.

Seems like you should be able to get average girls very easily.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Brantly, you said we were talking about PURELY PHYSICAL.

So apparently your Purely Physical isn't quite up to par.

So to speak.

yea I don't know what to make of my appearance. Some online have said I'm average, everybody in real life says I look fantastic. If I'm as handsome as everyone claims, I would be getting dates but I don't so I don't know.

I try hard to look good, be in shape, dress nice, be very healthy. I try to make the best of myself, that's all I can do.

All I want is a woman my age who takes care of herself. Most women who are unattractive to me is because they just don't really try. If you try, almost everybody can be pretty decent looking.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You sound like a very average dude to me...nothing stands out as interesting or anything that would spark my interest if I were looking at you as someone I want to get to know.

Seems like you should be able to get average girls very easily.

I don't think that's an unfair assessment

and there's nothing wrong with average girls. I'm perfectly happy with a girl who has the same interests as me.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:24 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Can you tell us what happens when you ask out someone that you like?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Can you tell us what happens when you ask out someone that you like?

I rarely do

I have a crippling fear of rejection and fear of being judged. I feel like I'm severely bothering or annoying women when I ask them out so I will only do it if they show signs of interest, which never comes from anybody decent looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships