Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,081,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You're doing it now.

It's almost psychotic how you come here repeatedly and post the EXACT SAME THINGS in thread after thread.

Do you really not see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:57 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,702,120 times
How about friends? I haven't heard you describe a group of friends you enjoy. Friends would be able to guide you in your quest while keeping your feet grounded.

Many of the relationships I had in my twenties evolved out of friendship first. Those tended to the most satisfying.

But if you are simply looking for something...quick...and I suspect you are, then this is not the route for you.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:19 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,162,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I seriously don't even understand how any male dates with how incredibly hard women make it to be. I sometimes wonder how the human race has existed to this point.
You claim you don't ask women out because you have a "crippling fear of rejection," yet you've repeatedly stated that "women make dating hard."

If the problem is YOU, why are you blaming women, with whom you don't even interact, apparently? What is it that women are doing to make dating so hard for you, when you are not even dating and don't have the balls to ask a woman out?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:36 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,402,347 times
So dating is impossible for "all men" even though you don't date and other men do?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:48 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,029,312 times
Quote:
I rarely do

I have a crippling fear of rejection and fear of being judged. I feel like I'm severely bothering or annoying women when I ask them out so I will only do it if they show signs of interest, which never comes from anybody decent looking.
Then there is your problem.

Go out with friends, drink a beer and just approach women. If you don't have luck at the place you are at, change venue, go to a different bar.

Join clubs/meetup.com/social events and the sooner or later you will find somebebody.

But you have to get over that fear and judgment issue. From a women's standpoint, I never look down on a guy who approaches me. We don't think "this is an idiot because he wants to date me." No, that's not how we are.

Grow some balls and approach girls. You win some, you'll lose some but seriously - you have nothing to lose.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 AM

20,422 posts, read 14,736,981 times
Quote:
I did this for many many years in dating
How many? Exactly?

Quote:
I had to do that because I was so curious whether I was only going for women above my league. My co workers confirmed my suspicions that I was not.

Just FYI, I look at women in a pretty simple way - "would date" or "would not date", I don't rate on numbers.
*falls off chair laughing*

Man, you throw around so many statistics that a person could make a drinking game out of one of your threads. "Every time he uses a number to describe something, drink. If it's something that should never be described with a numerical statistic, slam the rest of your drink." Alcohol poisoning in 3...2...1...

I really wonder if it's this lack of social skills. You assume you're bothering women and that they would not be interested. This tells me that you probably don't read nonverbal cues very well, and because of that, you cannot perceive interest if it happens, and are therefore insecure as you have no idea how they see you. You might want to get some coaching, either from someone who understands the unspoken language most humans employ constantly...or maybe there are books/videos on the subject. Really, the formula for success is:

1. Be your bad self. Figure out what image works for you and rock it confidently.
2. Get out there. Be in the right place at the right time to make connections with your target audience (women.)
3. Know how to read interest or lack thereof. Do this constantly.
4. Know how to engage. Hint: This doesn't mean walk up, say "excuse me" and throw down your best pickup line. If you haven't made positive eye contact prior to words, you're doing it wrong.
5. Feedback. Continue to monitor nonverbals for acceptance or rejection, and respond appropriately.

But really, getting those first dates squared away isn't even the difficult part. Keeping it going and not screwing it up after that, that's where things get oh, I don't know...86.3% more challenging.

Do not under any circumstances try to pick up women with a PowerPoint presentation on your income, torso shape, or career prospects. That never works.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,918,812 times
Quote:
...yet I've had a 100 friends between the ages of 20 and 30 in my lifetime. Why do women make dating so incredibly hard?.
They don't. You are the one making it hard because you don't know what to do.

You aren't going to get far just randomly asking women out. You need to put yourself in positions in which you will see the same women over and over again over time (the women in your workplace would be a good example of this). Then you need to learn to talk to them in casual non-threatening manners and look for signs of interest. Once you see these signs of interest, you need to gradually start ramping up the intimacy with them. If they begin to respond in a positive manner to this, that's the time you ask them out.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:13 AM

100 posts, read 81,822 times
Hey there. Why haven't you taken up my offer of speaking to me on Skype? I'm a woman in the bracket you're looking for and I can give you some pointers. Answer my PM.

Hm ... it's almost as if you don't want advice and just want to post over and over. Maybe you should stop posting if you don't want our/my help.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,281,868 times
Quote:
You guys say this yet I've met 2385028503258328053280532 people who've told me they met their significant other as clients and co workers

I don't believe in talking to co workers in the same department but I'm okay if they're in another department where you're not working with them directly

Both

I've always wanted to be the absolute BEST version of myself in everything

I absolutely love my life, love it outside of dating

I'm a huge sports fan so I workout a lot, play in a football league, go to sports events
I love videogames
I love watching certain TV shows so I binge on shows like game of thrones and walking dead
I love food so I love going to different restaurants and grilling food myself
I love music and I'm always trying to broaden my horizons - listen to country, rock, metal, techno, rap, etc...
I love dogs so I love playing with my roommates' pitbull and training her to do different tricks and running with her
etc... etc....

I'm very grateful for everything I've been given and all this is great but it's never helped me at all in dating.
I want to smack you on the back of your head. There is NOTHING wrong with you. In fact, based on your likes, you and I share a lot those hobbies (I played World of Warcraft, have big dogs, love food, etc). I'm married and is stuck with a caveman of a husband that I adore for the next whatever. But there are women out there like me who have the same hobbies as you. If it matters, most guys rate me around 7 or 8.

Try online dating. Talk to women outside of work. Smile, act natural and it will all fall into place. The girl you talk to may be just as nervous as you are.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2015, 10:27 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,381,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post
Hey there. Why haven't you taken up my offer of speaking to me on Skype? I'm a woman in the bracket you're looking for and I can give you some pointers. Answer my PM.

Hm ... it's almost as if you don't want advice and just want to post over and over. Maybe you should stop posting if you don't want our/my help.
What possible pointers could you give Hustler he hasnt already heard 23389089850974987038974589037904753094750 x2 times? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships