Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 11:04 PM

864 posts, read 1,459,266 times

Advertisements

Same story, retold for the umpteenth time. Are you really expecting any different answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 11:11 PM

837 posts, read 755,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Same story, retold for the umpteenth time. Are you really expecting any different answers?
I'm just so frustrated because I see no real solutions. My co workers make fun of me for my life long perma-single status and now I just go along with it and poke fun at myself

I seriously don't even understand how any male dates with how incredibly hard women make it to be. I sometimes wonder how the human race has existed to this point.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,293,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I don't think that's an unfair assessment and there's nothing wrong with average girls. I'm perfectly happy with a girl who has the same interests as me.
Unfair assessment how?

I agree there is nothing wrong with average girls.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:33 PM

837 posts, read 755,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Unfair assessment how?

I agree there is nothing wrong with average girls.

I said I DO NOT think it's an unfair assessment

Old 09-10-2015, 11:41 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,293,239 times
Quote:
I said I DO NOT think it's an unfair assessment
Oops I missed that.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:31 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,265,240 times
Quote:
I'm just so frustrated because I see no real solutions. My co workers make fun of me for my life long perma-single status and now I just go along with it and poke fun at myself

I seriously don't even understand how any male dates with how incredibly hard women make it to be. I sometimes wonder how the human race has existed to this point.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state there must be something very off putting about you.

I refuse to believe that no one, ever, has hinted what that is.

Perhaps you stand there mentally rating girls 3, 5, 4.5 whatever, and it shows?

You also don't seem remotely interested in females as you know, people - just status symbols.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:39 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,407,293 times
Hey Hustler! I see, you're still trying to solve the mystery.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:22 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,365,012 times
Quote:
I never said that people want my job

I said that 99.9% of the world would slaughter somebody to live my quality of life while still being able to save 6+K a month after taxes. **** I can't even believe myself sometimes that I'm in this position.

I'm not saying that this should mean that I have dating success, I understand money means nothing in dating which is totally fine. I'm just saying that makes it very very hard for me to change my situation.
You're still wrong. Might they want to make what you've described here for a living?

Sure.

Would they give up their relationships and families AND their ability to find another relationship? Doubtful.

You're not Warren Buffet. People aren't gonna make deals with the devil to make less than 200k a year selling cars, man.

Your idea that they would is clear evidence of your inability to grasp human motivation.

Put another way...

Would you take a 50% pay cut if it meant you could find and keep a woman you'd like to be with?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:25 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,365,012 times
Quote:
I rarely do

I have a crippling fear of rejection and fear of being judged. I feel like I'm severely bothering or annoying women when I ask them out so I will only do it if they show signs of interest, which never comes from anybody decent looking.
And, as I have told you ad nauseum...

This is why you are not getting dates.

You are not asking.

That you do not see this is further evidence of your disconnect with reality.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,798,345 times
Quote:
I rarely do

I have a crippling fear of rejection and fear of being judged. I feel like I'm severely bothering or annoying women when I ask them out so I will only do it if they show signs of interest, which never comes from anybody decent looking.
That's completely different from not being able to get a date. You keep saying dating is so tough, but in actuality you never even try. You posted about the ball game with all the cute girls ... whom you were sure were taken and would reject you.

What happened to your buddy's wife, the one from a couple days ago? You told us that she flattered you nonstop and wants to set you up with her friends. That's good! What happened with that?

I saw that you posted on someone els's thread. Progress! Keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships