Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:39 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times

Advertisements

If you aren't comfortable, yes bail.

If you want to sleep with him, but you don't want a one night stand, go with it and hope for the best.

That's the only logical answer I can give. But seriously, that's what it's sounding like at this point. At least he was honest enough to let you know what's up.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:40 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Sounds like a creep.

I wouldn't bother putting any energy into this guy, if you're not down with that sort of thing and don't want to feel like a piece of meat as you put it, I'd bail big time if I were you.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:02 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Right, but the only acceptable 'sex talk' at this stage should be him talking about how much he loves performing snip] on a woman. And then actually follow through. Hone your skills men, you're gonna need them to keep a woman..
I like the way you roll, darlin'......

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-14-2015 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Mixed feelings from me on this.

Conventional, "normal people" answer is...the guy just wants to hook up, and bang ya, he's hoping you're all kinds of freaky, and that's that. If you don't just want to hook up and get laid, then bail on this dude.

Sucks to be the chick in these situations. I know I'm beating a dead horse on this, but I think it's annoying old male perpetuated rules of "this is just how it is" that keep this going. A gal might see a man, she'd like to have sex with him, he's the whole package she's looking for in a sexual relationship, but if she's upfront with that fact, she's "cheap." Gotta pretend to be a "good girl" who oh, no, would NEVER actually enjoy sex...and blush and fan her cheeks and clutch her pearls and lead him a merry chase until he "earns" the right, and then pretend that he, and only he, released the wild thing within that *gasp, surprise* discovers how fun it is to do the horizontal mamba. Whaaaat-ever.

I don't mind having sex talk for a while, in fact the more the better, before a first date. Because if I'm getting the sense that fella and I aren't going to be a good match in the sack, then I would rather not have to take a test drive to find that out. Sexual compatibility does matter. But unfortunately, given how men typically operate, OP, if you want to see him more than a time or few, you should probably make him wait. And if all he's after is sex, he might not be happy to wait. Your call.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM

37 posts, read 45,255 times
Cancel. Beyond him being a d-bag and clearly stating he wants to hook up immediately...he also could be the type who makes it seem like "sure, up to you" but then forces you to once you're with him. Bail. Besides him being an obvious loser he could also be dangerous.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Save a horse. Ride a Cowboy........

Old 09-14-2015, 01:15 PM

31,023 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I know its ultimately up to me. I am Just interested in hearing other people opinion and insights. Is there anything wrong with that?
If your going to do it know your risks and keep yourself protected.

HIV by Group | HIV/AIDS | CDC

Old 09-14-2015, 01:17 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Conventional, "normal people" answer is...the guy just wants to hook up, and bang ya, he's hoping you're all kinds of freaky, and that's that. If you don't just want to hook up and get laid, then bail on this dude.

Sucks to be the chick in these situations. I know I'm beating a dead horse on this, but I think it's annoying old male perpetuated rules of "this is just how it is" that keep this going. A gal might see a man, she'd like to have sex with him, he's the whole package she's looking for in a sexual relationship, but if she's upfront with that fact, she's "cheap." Gotta pretend to be a "good girl" who oh, no, would NEVER actually enjoy sex...and blush and fan her cheeks and clutch her pearls and lead him a merry chase until he "earns" the right, and then pretend that he, and only he, released the wild thing within that *gasp, surprise* discovers how fun it is to do the horizontal mamba. Whaaaat-ever.

I don't mind having sex talk for a while, in fact the more the better, before a first date. Because if I'm getting the sense that fella and I aren't going to be a good match in the sack, then I would rather not have to take a test drive to find that out. Sexual compatibility does matter. But unfortunately, given how men typically operate, OP, if you want to see him more than a time or few, you should probably make him wait. And if all he's after is sex, he might not be happy to wait. Your call.
While there is still a bit of that little dance you describe going on, I don't think it's like it used to be, it's getting more and more acceptable for women to more forth coming with their sexuality, etc etc.

There's a difference between being a bit flirty and a bit sexual and some guy you barely know talking about doing [bleep]....

Surely everyone could agree on that, given the current context of what's typically socially acceptable at this juncture in the dating scene.

I personally would never initiate conversations of a sexual nature first, that way you avoid situations where you can make a woman uncomfortable.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-14-2015 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 PM

31,023 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Good Synopsis SS on modern Male/Female encounters and courting. If it was two women or two men they would probably just go to town.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,474 times
OP - you really have such low regard for your own instincts that you have to ask us if you should cancel a date with an obvious creepster?

Really?

Some people should not attempt OLD and I suggest youre one of them OP.

You're like a fresh prawn just laying out there for all the seagulls to swoop and gobble up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships