Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 11:32 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
I live in Phoenix, and apparently I'm ugly as **** in Phoenix. That's all I know.
I'm a hot stud in Chandler, and a growing number of women are taking notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 12:38 PM

474 posts, read 384,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm a hot stud in Chandler, and a growing number of women are taking notice.
Chandler? What, do ya hang out at the mall? LOL.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,301 times
Believe me guys, I lived in GA and we had plenty of exotic looking/ethnic looking guys who were handsome but struggled a lot with women while in AZ it is more of the opposite.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:25 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I don't know. I feel like I haven't ever really gotten much attention no matter where I lived (South Florida, Atlanta, Oklahoma City). I'm tall, dark hair, in decent shape, etc. I don't really have the square jawline thing, which I'm very aware of. I've considered growing a beard since they're "in" now, but don't want to because I would look older, meaning the beard would come in grayish. I don't really know what else to do. Anyway, I think its pretty consistent with tall and dark. Who knows what handsome is. I've been told I am, but the lack of attention I get from women tells me otherwise.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:38 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoAz View Post
Believe me guys, I lived in GA and we had plenty of exotic looking/ethnic looking guys who were handsome but struggled a lot with women while in AZ it is more of the opposite.
I live in Paradise Valley 4-6 months of the year (for the past 15 years) and do pretty good as far as dating/hooking up. The women of Phoenix (and surrounding areas) are just as hot as any place in the states. My last girlfriend was from Scottsdale (Chinese/German) she was pretty exotic with those slanted eyes long blk Raven hair

Old 09-20-2015, 05:42 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
The Phoenix area has some real attractive women but some awful 'tudes. The worst 'tudes can be found on Fri/Sat nights at Old Town Scottsdale night spots. I think Phoenix is a hard city to have a meaningful relationship in.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:10 PM

474 posts, read 384,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The Phoenix area has some real attractive women but some awful 'tudes. The worst 'tudes can be found on Fri/Sat nights at Old Town Scottsdale night spots. I think Phoenix is a hard city to have a meaningful relationship in.
Yup, Ye Olde Douche Quarter. I avoid it like the ****stain that it is.

I don't get this town really. It's mostly a middle class (with a big chunk of low income households) burg, with some islands of old money. Yet everyone here in the middle acts like they're living in Monaco, all while dressed like hillbilly white trash on a Hawaiian vacation.

Last edited by Tune_It_Lower; 09-20-2015 at 06:24 PM..

Old 09-20-2015, 06:19 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
Yup, Ye Olde Douche Quarter. I avoid it like the ****stain that it is.

I don't get this town really. It's mostly a middle class (with a big chunk of low income households) burg, with some islands of old money. Yet everyone here in the middle acts like they're living in Monaco, all while dressed like hillbilly white trash on vacation.
The quality of jobs in Phoenix is actually quite low for a city of its size. It's a young city because air conditioning made it inhabitable. Around 1950, when air conditioning first came around, Phoenix had a nothing population. Because it is a city that wasn't much in the past, there really isn't a good base of corporate HQs there. That impacts the quality of jobs.

I really like Paradise Valley, where hawaiiancoconut lives. But living in a single family house in PV makes no sense as a unmarried male.

Phoenix grew way too fast without good infrastructure. The metro area would be better off it is was about half its size and focused just on retirees and ASU students.

As for dating, the pool isn't that impressive. There are lots of singles that are say 22-early 30s, but they don't really have a lot going for them.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:55 PM

12 posts, read 17,017 times
Phoenix can't be any worser than Toronto, Canada, over here the women are just as cold as the weather, stuck-up, snobby and obnoxious t'udes.....

Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoAz View Post
When I was living in Georgia, I noticed that the kind of guys the girls there were going crazy after were the All American kind of guys. Someone like Chris Pratt, JJ Watt, or basically any white male with lighter features.

Then as I moved to California and out west, I noticed that the Antonio Banderas, John Stamos, Cristiano Ronaldo, and just the whole handsome and exotic looking guy was more sought after by women. Women really love the tall dark and handsome looks out west as opposed to down south where a guy with those looks would usually not do as well as a blonde haired or lighter featured male.

Am I the only one that notices that an American woman's preference in the kind of handsome men she likes varies a lot based on region?
CA women also like the blond surfer-dude type. More conventional women like the clean-cut executive type. And a variety of bohemian types, including hipsters, are also popular in NorCal.

So I don't think any one region has a predominant preference. There's usually a lot of variety in preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships