Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,301 times

Advertisements

When I was living in Georgia, I noticed that the kind of guys the girls there were going crazy after were the All American kind of guys. Someone like Chris Pratt, JJ Watt, or basically any white male with lighter features.

Then as I moved to California and out west, I noticed that the Antonio Banderas, John Stamos, Cristiano Ronaldo, and just the whole handsome and exotic looking guy was more sought after by women. Women really love the tall dark and handsome looks out west as opposed to down south where a guy with those looks would usually not do as well as a blonde haired or lighter featured male.

Am I the only one that notices that an American woman's preference in the kind of handsome men she likes varies a lot based on region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 11:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Not from what I noticed.

Women tend to find the same kinds of men attractive (tall, fairly muscular, defined jaw line, etc). It doesn't vary much by geographical location (especially within the US).

Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Haven't you posted this thread before?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:16 AM

474 posts, read 384,660 times
I live in Phoenix, and apparently I'm ugly as **** in Phoenix. That's all I know.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:38 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoAz View Post
When I was living in Georgia, I noticed that the kind of guys the girls there were going crazy after were the All American kind of guys. Someone like Chris Pratt, JJ Watt, or basically any white male with lighter features.

Then as I moved to California and out west, I noticed that the Antonio Banderas, John Stamos, Cristiano Ronaldo, and just the whole handsome and exotic looking guy was more sought after by women. Women really love the tall dark and handsome looks out west as opposed to down south where a guy with those looks would usually not do as well as a blonde haired or lighter featured male.

Am I the only one that notices that an American woman's preference in the kind of handsome men she likes varies a lot based on region?
I think you have a valid observation. I know I've lived all over and have noticed a difference. For example, NYC seemed like a piece of cake. Southern California was somewhat different and a bit more difficult for me. And Texas is another place altogether. There's nothing much you can do about it, though, so why worry about it?

Old 09-20-2015, 10:51 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
A dark haired, muscular and fit guy would do well enough in Georgia. An All American looking guy who is fit and muscular would do well in California.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:58 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Where I'm at, I literally meet people from all over the World....on a regular basis.

I noticed something about my own taste in men.
I prefer men who aren't American for some reason....

I love European men, have been w/ a few & they're much
much more interesting, fun & passionate than American men......

Old 09-20-2015, 11:06 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I think the type of look that people find attractive has so many other variables. I think you'll see a lot more of the "Antonio Banderas" look in California than you do in Georgia, but I think that look would find its audience in both places. Same for the all-American look. I think it's more the case that there are some common threads to the type of guys FOUND in different regions, and that can influence what type of guys others go for. IOW, if there are a lot of All-American types in a location, then that would probably find a bigger audience. Some people go for something that's different from what they are/know, but many go for the familiar.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:10 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Haven't you posted this thread before?
Like a million times maybe...

Old 09-20-2015, 11:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoAz View Post

I did notice certain types fare better in certain parts of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships