Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 724 times

Advertisements

Recently I met a guy in my class who also lives in the same building (I'm 23 and a university student).
A few days after meeting him we went clubbing and came back home together, we cuddled but when things got hotter I stopped it cause I wanted to take things slow and didn't want him to think I was an easy girl.
Since then we've been hanging out quite a lot but mostly doing assignments together, and we became quite close. The problem is that now we are just friends, and I wish we were more.
The other problem is that we went on a trip together with some other friends and he kinda clicked with another girl, nothing happened between them but I know she likes him and I saw the way he looked at her...

How do I do to get out of the friendzone and get the guy before that girl does ?
I should admit that I'm quite good at flirting with strangers, but when it comes to a guy I'm friends with I get super shy.
Also every time we say goodbye we hug for ages, and I can feel that none of us wants to let go of it.
Is he still into me or did I miss my chance ? What to do now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Sure.

You are in control of this situation. You have to pull up your big girl pants and initiate sexual moves now. Hold his hand, give him a nice kiss. Spank his butt. Whatever will show that you are interested in him more than friends.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:19 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Maybe you should start by telling him?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Tell him. Be prepared to take the next step physically too.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:03 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyGirl View Post

How do I do to get out of the friendzone and get the guy before that girl does ?
With great sex!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:03 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyGirl View Post
Recently I met a guy in my class who also lives in the same building (I'm 23 and a university student).
A few days after meeting him we went clubbing and came back home together, we cuddled but when things got hotter I stopped it cause I wanted to take things slow and didn't want him to think I was an easy girl.
Since then we've been hanging out quite a lot but mostly doing assignments together, and we became quite close. The problem is that now we are just friends, and I wish we were more.
The other problem is that we went on a trip together with some other friends and he kinda clicked with another girl, nothing happened between them but I know she likes him and I saw the way he looked at her...

I should admit that I'm quite good at flirting with strangers, but when it comes to a guy I'm friends with I get super shy.
Also every time we say goodbye we hug for ages, and I can feel that none of us wants to let go of it.
Is he still into me or did I miss my chance ? What to do now ?
The Friendzone thing is a lot more flexible for women than it is with men.

Like for guys it means that you either blew your chance or that she's not attracted to you or she has developed an emotional bond that is more akin to a sibling than a lover.

But for women it is a bit different. Guys are bit more flexible with our relationships and we like the idea of a cool girlfriend that we hang out with like a friend. That is another reason why guys end in "The Friendzone"; we tend to fall for female friends or try to get to know a girl before asking them out.

Can you say with reasonable certainty that he is attracted to you? Also, how are things going between him and the other girl?

If the answers are "Yes" and "So far nothing that I know of"; go for it.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Make your move, as they said, for women they can initiate and you were hot and almost heavy earlier so there will be no strange or awkward feeling after all.

Just be yourself, go for a couple of drinks and make your move.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:13 AM

230 posts, read 228,704 times
You only know you love him when you let him go
Don't let this be the case seize the moment seize him and do what the previous posts tell you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships