Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Regardless, I have tried dating single dads and not had much luck there either.

No, but you won't for the reasons we've gotten into in a dozen other posts.

Of course, whether they are single parents isn't that relevant. Lots of single parents don't want to date people with children either. Like you once didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 07:58 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Oh, trust me, IT IS! Especially when you play the stepfather role for years and leave a relationship empty handed and with no appreciation. One experience was all it took for me to realize that I will NEVER raise kids that don't belong to me.

The same suckers who go to coffee dates would probably be OK with raising somebody else's kids.
My one child has no father and my youngest is not allowed to see his father, so whoever I date is the only father my kids are around. I am also not looking to date for a little while. I want the husband that helps me raise my kids, then we retire and share our lives traveling and pursuing our passions.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
P

Is this normal or have I just not met the right woman? How hard is it to find a cute girl who loves sports, working out, being a foodie and the shows walking dead and game of thrones? Am I like this because most my hobbies are heavily male dominated?
Are you serious? This is like every woman I know.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A friend of mine was widowed earlier this year. She was a stepmother to his children for 15 years. Now that their father is dead, she doesn't see them very much and is very sad about it. I can totally understand the trepidation about bonding with someone else's children.
My kids crave a father figure. I take them fishing and try to be both mom and dad but I can still see that they want a father.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I find people of all sexes like talking to me. It is my superpower. Although I definitely remember when I was younger. And more obsessed with sports and video games, there was a subset of boys (and this is when they were still boys) gave me huge amounts of cool points.

These days it is sufficient staying involved and staying active to find stuff to talk about. I like talking to everyone. You always have something in common somewhere. You just have to find it. I don't see any gendered versions or conversationalists. Though people who are attached to their phone like a second limb generally suck at conversation.
This is me.

I can talk to anyone about anything.

Men, women, whatever.

You'd be surprised that if you have an open mind you will find something interesting in almost any topic.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, but you won't for the reasons we've gotten into in a dozen other posts.

Of course, whether they are single parents isn't that relevant. Lots of single parents don't want to date people with children either. Like you once didn't.
I didn't want to date single dads because of the issues with the moms. My exes childrens moms loved me because they knew their children were being cared for on the fathers visitation.

I also want a father figure for my children, and it seems like my kids were jealous of the attention my ex gave his kids while ignoring mine. I did equally for all the kids.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 AM

The guy I am dating now has his kids 100% of the time also. So he at least gets what the kids go through with the absent parent issues.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:00 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Narcissism. You only want to do, talk about and watch things that interest you. You don't have what it takes for a relationship even if you could ask a woman out.
Exactly. OP is a completely average mid-20s guy, and that's fine, but his ideal woman is an average mid-20s guy with boobs. An average mid-20s woman is probably going to like Taylor Swift, if she works out she'll prefer yoga and spinning to lifting, and she'd probably not want to spend all of Sunday in front of the TV watching football (and yes, I know, #notall20somethingwomen) Until the OP learns out to care about other people and not think what he doesn't like is stupid and pointless, he's never going to be able to have a functioning relationship.

And I still think this is pretty spot on:

https://youtu.be/UOlELxK83pw

Old 09-24-2015, 09:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
If you don't like women as much as men, why do you want to date women?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Considering you don't seem to actually talk to women due to your crippling insecurity and anxiety, how on earth do you know what they are interested in? Food, sports and popular TV shows aren't exactly esoteric interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships