Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:13 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl10000 View Post
But you know what, I think that with this thread, I have come to the conclusion that I SHOULD talk to him.
This is probably a great start...
You're a couple, you should be treating issues you face from your coupling together instead of alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 12:13 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
But you know what, I think that with this thread, I have come to the conclusion that I SHOULD talk to him.
I'm surprised your therapist hasn't suggested talking to him.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I'm surprised your therapist hasn't suggested talking to him.
Most therapy is bullshyt is why, they get paid a lot of money to listen to people whine and snivel.

OP, you yourself have said that he does the basics and he's an overall good guy, man... it's only been six months let it go or you're going to end chasing him away... men, as dumb asses as we can be, can pick up stuff after awhile and if he's gun shy as you've indicated that you both are, he's gonna bolt if he feels too much pressure.....

Chillax, have a good time and relax.....

Old 10-02-2015, 12:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Seriously? You can't get control over your thoughts and now admit that he's turned off by it. You are eroding your relationship and your issue is yours to resolve, not his responsibility. If you can't get a grip on your runaway mind, you should speak to a professional or you'll never have a healthy relationship.
Yep ^^^^.

If your therapist hasn't figured this one out, then yes, you need a new therapist.

You're used to drama, and when it doesn't exist, you choose to create it. I used to do the same thing.

It's like you aren't seeing the relationship on its own merit, the way it actually is. You are comparing it to this imaginary relationship in your mind, and when it doesn't align, you start to question it.

But those wheels in your head are making you question the wrong things.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
6 months is half a year - plenty of time. Regardless, the real issue here is that you're not on the same page. You want to hear it, he's not saying it.

And please, for the love of god, do not ask him if he loves you - it screams insecure.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:09 PM

179 posts, read 295,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
6 months is half a year - plenty of time. Regardless, the real issue here is that you're not on the same page. You want to hear it, he's not saying it.

And please, for the love of god, do not ask him if he loves you - it screams insecure.
What do you suggest I do?

Old 10-02-2015, 06:32 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Does he show any kind of affection. Have you had any intimacy yet.

IMO, 6 months and zero sex or sign of love would be draining for me. But then again, I'm a guy with a mile high drive.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:57 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
Yeah someone can "I love you" till the cows come home, its how they ACT that proves it.

OP - maybe he doesn't love you.

Maybe he likes you just fine though.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:09 PM

579 posts, read 556,059 times
The question is.. Do you love him? If you want to know if he loves you, just be direct and bring it up. After 9 months of knowing one another, I feel like the person should at least have an idea. Meaning he should be starting to fall in love with you, at the very least. Honestly if it were me I wouldn't see a point in continuing the relationship if he didn't love me after 9 months, but that's just me. I feel like that's plenty of time to know.

Another poster says its insecure to ask if he loves you. I don't think it is. I think you should bring it up and just find out what his feelings are. If he doesn't love you by now , honestly, why stay with him??

Old 10-02-2015, 07:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Agree. Never EVER ask. It's just the ultimate and worst kind of fishing for compliments.

Quote:
What do you suggest I do?
Just be with him. STOP worrying about hearing the words. Put it out of your mind. Test yourself.

There is NO set time frame for when someone "should" say it. But if you ASK him, then that IMMEDIATELY puts him on the clock, and seriously ... who wants to be TOLD (whether outright or implied) that they "need" to say "I love you"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships