Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post

So moving to where he would have a good job and a nice place to raise kids was a compromise on your part how?
yeah, the kindergarten aide job is not gonna cut it. You scored well with a guy whose family gives him such opportunities! Are you going to step it up a little and get a real education or do you want to be the aide forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 11:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Yes, he is controlling. You have some issues in terms of pushing boundaries, however.

The counseling idea is good.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Cant blame a guy for not wanting his wife to dress slutty. Party time and getting attention from other men shouldn't be more important than the vows you made at the altar.
Ugh. Did you even read what she wrote? Obviously not.

Yes, he's controlling. You better nip that in the bud now.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:18 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,765 times
Yep, he is attempting to control the situations presented to him...sounds like your behavior and demeanor towards marriage is his problem.

You guys have to get on the same page instead of making it up as you go.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:30 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafferty28 View Post
My friend thinks it's just "growing pains" of marriage, but I'm not sure.
Sounds like a nightmare to me.

These are classic signs of an abuser. He is isolating you from your family, your friends, and your coworkers. He throws things when he gets mad.

It will only escalate, and then he will start hitting you.

I'd be outta there. 1.5 years is not very long, at least you haven't wasted much of your life.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,060 times
Marriage counseling can work. Give it a shot. Not a good idea to break a marriage over issues that can be resolved. I can see his point about getting insecure with your dressing style & male friends who are hitting on you. Would you be comfortable if his female friends call him & flirt with him? Put yourself in his shoes & try to understand why he is behaving like that. Don't label him an abuser if you would act exactly like him in same situation. You made a commitment to work it out with him. If you think you made a mistake then break it off & move on. But don't expect the next guy to be comfortable with your male friends calling you & strangers flirting with you. Some boundaries need to be set to protect you & your relationship. See if you can involve some close family & friends to weigh in on the issue. If you are craving your freedom & feel suffocated in the relationship then you are wasting your life as well as his. You might have got married too early & feel like there is more out there. Nothing wrong in feeling like that but you need to end one chapter before you start the next.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:19 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,122 times
I'm more concerned with your behavior than his.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:26 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,988 times
I'd say the two of you are doing a good job of pushing each other's buttons.
May I suggest counseling to determine why you are torturing each other? Some things are too complicated to figure out or resolve in an online forum.
Good luck.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:37 PM

888 posts, read 555,311 times
He is controlling, and it will just get worse. I don't see anything wrong with going out with friends, and I think flirting is natural, now people will say once married no one should flirt, notice others etc, but I think it is normal. I am sure women notice my husband, heck he probably even talks to women when he is out with friends, but I trust him, and vice versa. People who go on about never flirting or noticing others, are usually the ones who are cheating themselves. I go out dancing with friends, and I am much older than you are! I like to dance and hang out with the girls once in a while. Isolating you from friends, telling you how to dress, and what you can or cannot do, is controlling. I presume you were like this when he married you. This is a problem I think, people marry someone thinking they can change them.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:45 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,589 times
So what was your point for getting married? You could have remained single and been living the Caribbean life whatever thats supposed to mean. You know darn good and well that wouldnt work if it was him doing the caribbean thing. The only person you should be hot and spicy for is your husband. Sounds like your trying to make him jealous and then on his case when he is. You both should be heading your own way. Your not what he really needs and thats TROUBLE with a capital T. Sorry no sympathy here. Really sick of the mentality of nothing changes when you get married except the residence.

Last edited by luv my dayton; 10-27-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships