Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:42 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Okie Dokie sounds juvenile to me...
So, you asked him to email you or to give you his email address?
I gave him my email address and asked him if we could move our conversation to email. It is more conducive (IMO) to writing about oneself. He may be immature. He is older than me, though (55). To me it came off as being cocky as if I had asked him to do something that he didn't want to do. And sure enough, he did not email me. And our regular discussions on the dating site have come to a stop. Anyway, I just wondered why that should set someone off like it seemed to. And I also thought that since it did, I probably am not missing anything by never meeting. I look for behavior in communication with others which gives me clues about whether or not I want to meet. Some men do not like that. A lot of men do not want to communicate with words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Part of it could be just that most people don't email socially anymore. It's annoying to have emails going back and forth like that. It's a very awkward way to have a conversation.

But the truth is that we don't know what is going on in his head. Why didn't you ask him?
Why is email annoying? I get this from my daughter also when I discuss it with her. She is all of 23 years old. She's like "Mom, people just don't email anymore." To her I say, "I'm not your age. I'm 52 and looking for someone my age. I do not want to meet a person my age who is glued to a smart phone. I would find that very annoying. It's childish to me. I find it impossible to believe that people my age are no longer using email. I told her that everyone HAS an email address if they shop on-line. You can't order anything on-line without providing your email address. So what is the big f-ing deal?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:48 AM

Poll: How many of you in this thread are using your phone to post here? Anyone using a real computer? Or am I the only one?

Old 11-12-2015, 02:00 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Poll: How many of you in this thread are using your phone to post here? Anyone using a real computer? Or am I the only one?
No you are not alone. I use email to communicate much more than texting. I can't stand to texting unless it's a quick short message. I don't get why anyone would prefer texting to calling or emailing. I am not in the dating scene but have a SO. I use calling, short texts and email to communicate with him. I use email to communicate with my life long friends and family. I use it for business and professional dealings.

Meh to texting. It's just not my thing.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:45 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times
Quote:
Why is email annoying? I get this from my daughter also when I discuss it with her. She is all of 23 years old. She's like "Mom, people just don't email anymore." To her I say, "I'm not your age. I'm 52 and looking for someone my age. I do not want to meet a person my age who is glued to a smart phone. I would find that very annoying. It's childish to me. I find it impossible to believe that people my age are no longer using email. I told her that everyone HAS an email address if they shop on-line. You can't order anything on-line without providing your email address. So what is the big f-ing deal?
Again, he's probably a fake account. Some OLD sites do that to keep people interested.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No you are not alone. I use email to communicate much more than texting. I can't stand to texting unless it's a quick short message. I don't get why anyone would prefer texting to calling or emailing. I am not in the dating scene but have a SO. I use calling, short texts and email to communicate with him. I use email to communicate with my life long friends and family. I use it for business and professional dealings.

Meh to texting. It's just not my thing.
I agree - I think it is over-rated. If it fit my life-style, I might like it. But my work requires me to sit at a computer. Maybe that is why I have not taken to the "my smart phone is my only computer" craze.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Again, he's probably a fake account. Some OLD sites do that to keep people interested.
Does this statement insinuate that OLD sites EMPLOY fake people to pose as "seekers" just to keep people interested in using OLD ? Was this a fact substantiated by some true investigation, or might it just be an emerging urban legend? This sounds like an anti-OLD political opinion, almost.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:06 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
It sounds like it wasn't so much the email as it was the snippy way you asked him.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It sounds like it wasn't so much the email as it was the snippy way you asked him.
I have not even said exactly how I asked him! His response was snippy and elusive. But whatever, I hope he finds the right one for him. It's not me. I'm happy because if he was the one for me, this whole thing would not have happened. So it's all good. I must have come across as a whiner in my original post. I was actually trying to get insight into the social behavior of humans and what they mean. I study that in life, but the thing is, we can never see directly into a person's heart - so we do a lot of guessing and 2nd guessing. It's part of the human experience.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I have not even said exactly how I asked him!
If it's similar to how you phrased it in your OP, it was a little snippy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships