Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 08:58 AM

196 posts, read 175,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't think the majority of women could go for months and months without something, but whatever.
Military spouses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 09:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eascoaswing View Post
Military spouses.
Not many of them seemed to either, according to the dudes I knew in California living near bases.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:09 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eascoaswing View Post
Military spouses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not many of them seemed to either, according to the dudes I knew in California living near bases.
Not to besmirch military spouses as a whole, but there's running jokes about when the sailors leave town how a lot of women go out and have a good time

Not all of course, but I've dealt with enough military guys over the yrs to hear all of the various stories.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:14 AM

565 posts, read 433,130 times
I think it's another case of assumed exclusivity. OP, learn to talk to people you are dating.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:29 AM

947 posts, read 1,187,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
In my opinion, sex should never be used in a reward/punishment fashion. It's how you find yourself in a sex less marriage. Guys, if you see signs of that early on in dating, get out of that relationship as soon as you can.
Certainly.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:33 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
I think it's another case of assumed exclusivity. OP, learn to talk to people you are dating.
This seems to cause many issues. There was another recent thread where a girl discovered she and her boyfriend were not exclusive when she "assumed" they were.

Talk to him. And in the future, if you think things are going well with a guy, ask him about exclusivity.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:37 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
In my opinion, sex should never be used in a reward/punishment fashion. It's how you find yourself in a sex less marriage. Guys, if you see signs of that early on in dating, get out of that relationship as soon as you can.
Totally agree with that.

OP, there is no reason to feel used if you are having sex because you want to. If you meet a man for lunch, do you feel afterwards that he was just using you for food? Probably not, because you intended to eat lunch in any case.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:40 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I'm actually very attracted to this guy. I think of him when he's not around. But I started not feeling it as much when I found his phone littered with dating sites... I thought we were exclusive but I guess not. I wasn't even snooping, he had them out there in the open. I think just the visual of the sites and imagining him with other women started turning me off.

I mean he's introduced me to his friends and we do stuff outside the bedroom. I don't know, maybe time to have that "talk".
You were not snooping? He just had all of those littered dating sites on his phone and you just *happened* too look at all of them?
Hopefully you do not actually believe that you were not snooping when a lot of phones have to be picked up or you have to lean just right to be able to clearly read what is on the screen....

Old 12-24-2015, 09:42 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I'm actually very attracted to this guy. I think of him when he's not around. But I started not feeling it as much when I found his phone littered with dating sites... I thought we were exclusive but I guess not. I wasn't even snooping, he had them out there in the open. I think just the visual of the sites and imagining him with other women started turning me off.

I mean he's introduced me to his friends and we do stuff outside the bedroom. I don't know, maybe time to have that "talk".
Okay...this is wacko. What do you mean by "littered with dating sites"? How does one actually see that on a phone...on that is laying around...? And there is no such thing as being exclusive if you have not already discussed that and committed to it.

Like I said earlier....end this relationship. You don't have any business being in one right now, certainly not with this man.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:43 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
My sex drive is pretty high so I never feel like I'm being used for sex. The only time I had any doubts about it was when my bf and I did it so much that it made me question as to whether or not our relationship would sustain without it. It did, but he's now my ex for other reasons. Sex only feels like a chore to me when I'm sleepy/tired and he wants it - that's when a compromise kicks in. I don't think you should "hold back" sex, try communicating with your partner and work out something you both can agree on. I actually get turned on knowing I can turn on my bf the moment he sees me and wants sex, but that's just me.
This is me too, for my husband. Turning him on turns me on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships