Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 01:42 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Women like that ruin it for the rest of us.
No they don't. They make it better. The more women that have that attitude, the more guys appreciate the ones who don't.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Remember Women's Liberation happened. You're liberated. Women are free to have sex like a man, and some do. That's the kind of women a lot of men are looking for. On top of that, you're newly divorced. Some men see that as a woman who is out of cut loose and have some fun. Some men will specifically target recently divorce women, as they consider them fresh meat and an easy mark.

The movers and shakers of the society convinced everyone that sexual freedom is the way to "true happiness", so many women and men are out trying to find it. Sorry you prefer the old fashioned ways, but that's going to be hard to find. Plus, many men at your age are turn off to women, having been rejected by so many, or trashed in divorce. They don't feel the need for women anymore. Good Luck. You're going to need it.
None of this is really true in a global sense.

What is true is that like attracts like. Dysfunction attracts dysfunction. Bitter attracts bitter.

Emotionally healthy and available attracts emotionally healthy and available.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:46 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
No they don't. They make it better. The more women that have that attitude, the more guys appreciate the ones who don't.
Well, Timberline might now think twice before he opens a door again. And if there is another women like her questioning it, he'll never do it again and then ladies like me will never get out of a car.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Well, Timberline might now think twice before he opens a door again. And if there is another women like her questioning it, he'll never do it again and then ladies like me will never get out of a car.
If you can't get out of a car without the guy opening the door, you are just as bad as the woman who gives him a hard time for opening it.

Both types of women make it better for the women who are easy going about this stuff.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:55 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe. I opened the car door on a second date last Saturday and was greeted with a "I can open my own door, thank you". Hahaha. Can't win!
TBH, I've been guilty of saying this. I wasn't being rude, I just didn't want to inconvenience the poor guy, given he had to pull the car out so I could get in. He was cool with it and we went on to have a fabulous date.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:56 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
On a more practical note: OP, what sites have you been on? Have you noticed a difference at all between free sites and membership-fee ones? And what about trying a different church? It takes patience, and trying out different venues, both online and in real life. Have you tried any meetups or hobby groups in your town?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-21-2016 at 02:06 PM..

Old 01-21-2016, 01:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband growls if I start to open a door. It cracks me up, but I love that trait in him.
Mr. CSD is very much the same way and since the stroke, he has both hands on me at all times when I am getting into and out of our vehicle. It makes him feel more secure about my safety.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:32 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Mr. CSD is very much the same way and since the stroke, he has both hands on me at all times when I am getting into and out of our vehicle. It makes him feel more secure about my safety.
Aw. It's obvious you love each other very much.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2016, 02:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If you can't get out of a car without the guy opening the door, you are just as bad as the woman who gives him a hard time for opening it.

Both types of women make it better for the women who are easy going about this stuff.
oh come on, who spit in your soup today?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself ...
Maybe I am misreading, but you should have a full body pic and and a close up pic on your profile, else many men will not bother with you, and you will only get messages from men that spam everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships