Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Agreed! don't make someone a priority if they clearly show you're not their priority!
Indeed!!

But what an horrible way that would be to find out you are NOT their priority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 10:41 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Indeed!!

But what an horrible way that would be to find out you are NOT their priority
Yeah! To think they couldn't even bother to come up with a better excuse other than I forgot, man this date is dead in the water before it's even begun!

Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Yeah! To think they couldn't even bother to come up with a better excuse other than I forgot, man this date is dead in the water before it's even begun!
That's why I wouldn't meet up for the second time as it would be in back of my mind and I WOULD end up saying something......... ( and I KNOW you would to LOL )

Old 01-29-2016, 11:56 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,238 times
How the hell does one forget about a date? Unless their life is a total clusterfudge, in which case maybe they shouldn't be dating, I can't imagine someone being so flaky.

Actually yes I can. My friend is that flaky, which is why I tend to confirm things the day before and the day of with her.

Did you do that? Or did you set up plans like a week before and then never get back to them?

Old 01-30-2016, 01:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
Here's the scenario: It's Friday or Saturday, 8 p.m. You agreed to meet for dinner and send a text saying you just got there and can meet them in front. 5 minutes go by and you get a text back from them saying they forgot and can't meet tonight...but they want to reschedule.

Do you do it? Why or why not?
Absolutely not. I can't stand flaky people. They'd hear a few choice words from me, then I'd hang up and block them. Really, one has to be a consummate loser to forget about a dinner date.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:26 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
How the hell does one forget about a date? Unless their life is a total clusterfudge, in which case maybe they shouldn't be dating, I can't imagine someone being so flaky.

Actually yes I can. My friend is that flaky, which is why I tend to confirm things the day before and the day of with her.

Did you do that? Or did you set up plans like a week before and then never get back to them?
Didn't confirm the day of, but I usually don't unless they contact me first or it's been more than a few days since we made plans.

You mentioned your flaky friend. A flake is really the last thing I look for in someone. So, if I need to confirm with someone the day before and the day of then they are really not for me.

On a side note this person listed they were really good at being on time in their profile lol.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:35 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
Didn't confirm the day of, but I usually don't unless they contact me first or it's been more than a few days since we made plans.

You mentioned your flaky friend. A flake is really the last thing I look for in someone. So, if I need to confirm with someone the day before and the day of then they are really not for me.

On a side note this person listed they were really good at being on time in their profile lol.
Agreed! I once had a date on a Saturday that was an hour's drive away for both of us. Even though I hadn't spoken to the guy for days, we both turned up at the agreed time because that speaks to your character!

If you have to cancel, then I would still be considerate of the other person and let them know asap so they don't waste their time. I wouldn't date someone who's inconsiderate coz it's a reflection of things to come!

Old 01-30-2016, 04:36 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
did you confirm earlier in the week?
Yes.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:37 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times
No.

A guy I know once had to reschedule our first date because he was going on an impromptu vacation ... well, "rescheduling" became a habit of his. He rescheduled that first date another two or three times afterwards. Unless there are legitimate reasons as to why one is compelled to reschedule, don't give it another go because this may become a habit. It speaks volume about the course the "dynamic" is going to take.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:44 AM

619 posts, read 574,993 times
A text? No apologies? I don't really understand how someone could forget, sounds more like something marginally more interesting walked by, but let's say I buy it that they forgot. The response should be a phone call, "oh no, I can't believe I messed up! I can be there in twenty minutes, do you mind waiting?" not a text saying I forget let's reschedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships