Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Online dating IS real life dating, unless you're only looking for penpals.

It's just a different venue to meet people.
This

OmegaMan... You do realize once you reach out through OLD you actually have to meet them in person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 07:37 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You're the play'a bedding all these women; you tell me/us what's easier?
Couldn't rep you, HC.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:39 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
Expanding my options buddy. I thou City data were the best people to ask these questions.
You want to expand your options BEYOND all the women you're bedding?

Some people are never happy with what they have. *tsk*

Old 01-31-2016, 07:19 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,490,417 times
There are too many variables to say that one is better than the other, but circumstances may make one better for you. Age, location, interests/activities, and personality all factor in. For me, by far the best and easiest was OLD, especially if you are looking for particular traits and attitudes that aren't common and hard to find.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:29 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,366,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Why not figure it out for yourself?
Exactly. As is usually done in the work environment. Your question, you come up with an answer. Get out there OP and research this for us.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:11 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,154,975 times
I'm not into it. If I was looking to meet someone, I would rather meet them face to face and stumble upon them in my environment.

Communication is key, and to me reading something typed, and speaking to faceless voice is not full communication. There is what you say, and then there is how you say it followed by a great deal of communication expressed through body language. There is little opportunity for your intuition to be used.

If someone gets my attention environmentally, I get the opportunity to observe them and see how they act and interact with others. You get a better sense of how they really are, and not form your opinions from a set-up meeting where they would hopefully be on their best behavior.

To each his own though. I'm not against people who search or rely on profiles. Whatever is your preference is fine.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:19 AM

29,773 posts, read 34,503,257 times
As others have said, nobody dates online. Despite the name, online dating is just another way to be introduced to people--the dating part happens in person.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:51 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,611,459 times
I use both. Cast a wider net.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,197,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I'm not into it. If I was looking to meet someone, I would rather meet them face to face and stumble upon them in my environment.

Communication is key, and to me reading something typed, and speaking to faceless voice is not full communication. There is what you say, and then there is how you say it followed by a great deal of communication expressed through body language. There is little opportunity for your intuition to be used.

If someone gets my attention environmentally, I get the opportunity to observe them and see how they act and interact with others. You get a better sense of how they really are, and not form your opinions from a set-up meeting where they would hopefully be on their best behavior.

To each his own though. I'm not against people who search or rely on profiles. Whatever is your preference is fine.
AGAIN. I am not sure why it is so difficult for people on these forum to understand that meeting someone through an OLD SITE does not mean you never ever meet. NO NO NO. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND.

OLD is just another way to find and meet someone. The important part is When using online dating to meet someone, it is important to meet them face to face.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:12 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,397,290 times
Online dating is just a form not the intention, unless you want "chat pals" the intention is to get dates in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships